News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

unaltered STAR WARS

Started by dragon53, February 23, 2017, 05:05:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dragon53

This isn't about dinosaurs, but this does include lots of giant monsters and lizards.

STAR WARS---makingstarwars.net said, according to rumors, the original STAR WARS trilogy will be released in their original, unaltered versions this year, "...over the last month the evidence and tips have been piling up that the unaltered original trilogy will be re-released this year for the 40th anniversary in various formats. Several sources have let us know it was coming and it appears to actually be on the way this time...We will share the details of the re-release when they become more concrete on our end. At this time, we firmly believe the unaltered original edits of the 1977, 1980, and 1983 cuts of the original Star Wars Trilogy will officially be re-released soon."

Derek.McManus

Oh this is excellent news I have been hoping for this for quite a while! I had them on Vhs but a modern format version will be much appreciated... I recall seeing the Special Edition of Star Wars in the cinema and couldn't believe how much the finial battle was changed! Obviously we will have Han shooting first again and no stepping on Jabba's tail! Great news! Also we also now know what happened before thanks to Rogue One!

BlueKrono

Unlike most Star Wars purists I actually liked the revised versions better - more monsters, including the Ronto which captivated me when I saw it in theaters as a child. To bring this back to dinosaurs, the Ronto was based on the CGI model of the Brachiosaurus from Jurassic Park, just reskinned. In fact during preproduction it was nicknamed "Bronto", which they then dropped the "B" from for the final alien name.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Daspletotyrannus

I hope this is true. They ruined the ending to Return of the Jedi with Darth Vader yelling "No" before killing the Emperor. I find it more meaningful with him silent. I don't know why I just do. 

CityRaptor

I guess that means Skywalker's spirit won't be a young man again.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Derek.McManus

Quote from: BlueKrono on February 23, 2017, 06:06:54 PM
Unlike most Star Wars purists I actually liked the revised versions better - more monsters, including the Ronto which captivated me when I saw it in theaters as a child. To bring this back to dinosaurs, the Ronto was based on the CGI model of the Brachiosaurus from Jurassic Park, just reskinned. In fact during preproduction it was nicknamed "Bronto", which they then dropped the "B" from for the final alien name.

Some of the changes where good others less so the greater population of Mos Eisley was a good idea and I liked the expansion of the 'look sir, droids!' scene the digital Dewbacks were impressive and slightly dinosaur like! 😀

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.