News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Who wanted this funky T-rex?

Started by billharrison, February 14, 2017, 12:51:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

billharrison

This is probably not the right place for this, but I'm targeting someone who commented on another collection. Sometime in the last few days while I was browsing through various collections, I ran across a comment where the commenter posted a picture of one of these old funky T-rex's and said they wished they had one. I just checked the old toy box in the garage, and I have three. If that person wants to contact me I'm sure we can work something out.

I put this in "Collections" just because that person or other people who browse them might see it and let him know. If this notice should be somewhere else, let me know.

Blade-of-the-Moon

I LOVE that guy..still have mine from when I was little. He could eat my brother's G.I.JOES  with ease.. heh heh

Archinto

I have a later copy of one of those, and on its belly it says its a Nosaurusaurus..... lolol

Is this an original Dor-Mei Tyrannosaurus? whats stamped on the belly? Im after the very first originals of these, although I cant remember directly looking for one... but then again its been a long time since I posted my sandbox dinosaurs in my collection thread :)

Usually an ad will go in the classifieds section, for future reference :)
I'm seeking Orsenigo and other interesting vintage dinosaurs. Contact me if you can help with my search!

BlueKrono

I'm not the original commenter, but I'd be interested in one. I'm looking for it in this color and in blue.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Viergacht

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on February 14, 2017, 06:12:51 AM
I LOVE that guy..still have mine from when I was little. He could eat my brother's G.I.JOES  with ease.. heh heh

I had one too, even though the wattle made it look like an old man I liked it because it could eat other toys! Mine was black with red eyes and a wash of neon green, if I remember correctly. Man, that mold has to be ancient by now.

billharrison

Quote from: Archinto on February 14, 2017, 06:47:08 AM
I have a later copy of one of those, and on its belly it says its a Nosaurusaurus..... lolol

Is this an original Dor-Mei Tyrannosaurus? whats stamped on the belly? Im after the very first originals of these, although I cant remember directly looking for one... but then again its been a long time since I posted my sandbox dinosaurs in my collection thread :)

Usually an ad will go in the classifieds section, for future reference :)

Thanks. I know that an ad should go in the classified section. I just put it here because the original post was in one of the collection threads and I'm hoping the poster will see it. I'm not really trying to sell, just to accommodate a poster's desire.

Belly says "Tyrannosaurus Rex. Hong Kong. Dor Mei." Is that what you're looking for?

billharrison

Quote from: BlueKrono on February 14, 2017, 07:58:21 AM
I'm not the original commenter, but I'd be interested in one. I'm looking for it in this color and in blue.

I have both. I have three, in fact. Two brown and one blue. One of the brown's has TYRANNOSAURUS REX. HONG KONG DOR MEI on it's belly. The other brown and the blue are both blank. I have no idea what they're worth. Would someone enlighten me?

BlueKrono

I've been monitoring the prices on eBay. Someone had both colors plus two other big Dor Meis listed for $25 a month or so ago, but I didn't bite because I thought I could do better. When that one sold people started listing them for more, and now you'll find them listed for $15-$30 a piece, usually with a Best Offer option. So, not too much... there were a lot of them made. I was always hoping to pay $10 for mine, but I think I'd go $15 at this point.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Archinto

Ive typically paid between $5-$8 plus additional shipping for one of these types of dinosaurs. Most i buy for pennies at second hand stores and garage sales. The belly stamp is right, thats an original one. The ones you see on ebay for higher prices, many have been on there for well over a year. I wouldnt mind buying this one original one from you for a decent price. Pm me and we can work out the details.
I'm seeking Orsenigo and other interesting vintage dinosaurs. Contact me if you can help with my search!

Sigmasaurus