News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Your 2017 prehistoric shopping list

Started by Reptilia, February 10, 2017, 02:29:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shonisaurus

I do not have the economic level of most of the present I prefer to buy the figures in a spaced way, ie this year I will buy with the dinosaurs that I have already ordered and obtained an average of 30 or 40 figures at most. I can not afford to spend a lot of money, anyway I admire the members of the forum who can afford those expenses, if it were in its place both economic and space (enough shelves to store the dinosaurs) I can say that I would surely buy the same dinosaurs And even I would risk buying the wonderful and excellent resin figures like Sideshow for example.

What I said I reiterate my admiration and I admit that certain members of the forum are fortunate people to be able to have all the magnificent figures of dinosaurs they want. Needless to say, that means an economic investment over time in case they have to sell such figures either by ebay or amazon or in person.  ^-^

BlueKrono

You're quite right, that is a big expense. 30-40 figures is a lot, by any standard. Sometimes I can't even afford a figure a month. Even one Sideshow piece is a huge expense, and I can't even afford one every year. This is a hobby, and we participate in it to the extent we're financially able. And don't forget to enjoy the ones you already have!
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

CrypticPrism

I tend to stay away from bigger, more expensive figures because a, I'm a teen  and my parents won't be happy to see me asking for a slideshow,  2, it allows me to concentrate on finding a bigger variety of figures, and allows me to get more smaller figures,  3, I don't have the space for them, and 4, the only one I actually want is the collectA guidraco. My biggest figure is the papo brachiosaurus, and I intend to keep it that way.
"Tip for flirting: carve your number into a potato and roll it towards eligible females you wish to court with."
"Reading is just staring at a dead piece of wood for hours and hallucinating
My DeviantArt: flipplenup.deviantart.com

ceratopsian

Quote from: BlueKrono on April 01, 2017, 03:05:42 PM
......And don't forget to enjoy the ones you already have!

I think BlueKrono has hit the nail on the head here.  That is the most important thing of all to remember.

BlueKrono

I have seen people proudly posting their small collections on here, and it makes me glad to see the positive responses. You don't need to have deep pockets to have a collection you're fond of, and there is a far stronger correlation between happiness and gratitude than there is between happiness and monetary wealth according to several studies I've seen. Gratitude is essentially the key to happiness.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

CrypticPrism

Yeah, gratitude is a great part of it. I'm selling all my JP papos on amazon, which thins my collection a bit. But I'm thankful for the ones I have, and the ones I'm getting soon.
"Tip for flirting: carve your number into a potato and roll it towards eligible females you wish to court with."
"Reading is just staring at a dead piece of wood for hours and hallucinating
My DeviantArt: flipplenup.deviantart.com

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.