You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Savage Ancient Seas - South Carolina State Museum

Started by Cloud the Dinosaur King, April 14, 2017, 02:20:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cloud the Dinosaur King

A few months back(about 3 months ago) I went to an awesome exhibit at the South Carolina State Museum, and guess what, it's still open! I thought it was only open through the month of January, but nope. Sadly the only model they had in the gift shop at the time was the CollectA 1:40 Scale Pteranodon, and there were only 3 left(2 when I left 8)). Information here: http://scmuseum.org/ancientseas/. I am probably going there soon so let me know when you are going and I might be there ;)

BlueKrono

I'm sold. Going tomorrow. No joke, I'm actually going to be in Columbus.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Cloud the Dinosaur King

Quote from: BlueKrono on April 14, 2017, 02:26:59 AM
I'm probably going to go either Monday or sometime(it has to be weekend) when someone says they're going. I've never really met any other dinosaur enthusiasts. I do have one friend who's really interested in dinosaurs, but he's a little more on the JP side than me. We're still good friends though.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Cloud the Dinosaur King

Quote from: BlueKrono on April 14, 2017, 02:26:59 AM
You mean Columbia?

BlueKrono

We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

BlueKrono

Cloud the Dinosaur King

CrypticPrism

Oh,BTW cloud, I'm planning to go to Didne world I think. There's no way I'm NOT getting a Carnegie diplodocus at the gift shop in that Dino ride thing
"Tip for flirting: carve your number into a potato and roll it towards eligible females you wish to court with."
"Reading is just staring at a dead piece of wood for hours and hallucinating
My DeviantArt: flipplenup.deviantart.com

Cloud the Dinosaur King

Quote from: CrypticPrism on April 15, 2017, 05:35:37 AM
Oh,BTW cloud, I'm planning to go to Didne world I think. There's no way I'm NOT getting a Carnegie diplodocus at the gift shop in that Dino ride thing
If I ever do go there, I will 100% pick up the Carnegie Spinosaurus. I love that figure and all of the detailing on it.

BlueKrono

Quote from: Cloud the Dinosaur King on April 15, 2017, 05:32:35 AM
Quote from: BlueKrono on April 15, 2017, 04:27:39 AM
It was cool.
Did you get anything at the gift shop?

Oh yeah. The private exhibit-only dinosaur gift shop! I got a couple coloring books, a Parasaurolophus skeleton in goo, some cheap dinos that had a plesiosaur in a color I didn't have, and Doug Watson's Plesiosuchus, the second DW piece I've purchased from a scientific or zoological institution on this trip. Kinda ironic since I've been fighting with him all night.  ;D But as I've said before, can't take anything away from his talents as an artist.

CrypticPrism

Quote from: Cloud the Dinosaur King on April 15, 2017, 05:38:16 AM
Quote from: CrypticPrism on April 15, 2017, 05:35:37 AM
If I ever do go there, I will 100% pick up the Carnegie Spinosaurus. I love that figure and all of the detailing on it.

I will definitely also get the Carnegie cryolophosaurus because it was the only Carnegie I wanted that I didn't get before the line ended.
"Tip for flirting: carve your number into a potato and roll it towards eligible females you wish to court with."
"Reading is just staring at a dead piece of wood for hours and hallucinating
My DeviantArt: flipplenup.deviantart.com

Cloud the Dinosaur King

I am going not next Sunday, but the Sunday after that. I need that Plesiosuchus! If any of you decide to come, I'll see you there! ;)

BlueKrono

Quote from: Cloud the Dinosaur King on April 17, 2017, 03:04:37 PM
I am going not next Sunday, but the Sunday after that. I need that Plesiosuchus! If any of you decide to come, I'll see you there! ;)

I bought the last one. Hope they restock!

Cloud the Dinosaur King

Quote from: BlueKrono on April 17, 2017, 04:07:15 PM
Quote from: Cloud the Dinosaur King on April 17, 2017, 03:04:37 PM

I bought the last one. Hope they restock!
They'd better! >:D

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.