News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Paleontology Mobile Application

Started by Bio:Matic, April 17, 2017, 10:58:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bio:Matic

Hello!
I am a biology student from Vilnius University and I decided to create a mobile app dedicated to paleontology! It is absolutely free and can be found here:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.zigis.paleontologas
Application is structured by the geological periods. Each period has it's paleogeographical map, information about the most important events, life evolution chronology etc. Also, there is a built in quiz with 325 questions from the information provided in the application. App is bilingual - in english and lithuanian languages.
It can be freely used for personal and teaching purposes. It is free and works in offline mode, contains 120 animals and plants from the 15 geological periods and eons.
Also if you have any notices about the app, please write it here, or me personally.

Lanthanotus

Welcome to the forum and thanks for linking your app. Gonna download it and try it out during the next days :)

Thank you :) if you will like it, please rate this app, or write review in play store :)
The following update will contain Pleistocene megafauna update and major quiz improvements.
In the near future, interactive phylogeny tree will be added too.
Also, any suggestions or fixes are welcome :)

Ravonium

Sounds interesting. A shame I can't download it.

Welcome to the forum.

If this app will reach 5000 installs, iOS version will be released too. Right now downloads are really slow, it's like 320 installs after 20 days, so it won't be soon.

Ravonium

Quote from: Bio:Matic on April 22, 2017, 08:50:01 PM
If this app will reach 5000 installs, iOS version will be released too. Right now downloads are really slow, it's like 320 installs after 20 days, so it won't be soon.

Thanks for the information.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.