News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Pixar's "The Good Dinosaur"

Started by scallenger, August 10, 2013, 03:37:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flaffy

Great visuals, bad story, bad characters, bad everything.
I did not like this film, one of the worst Pixar as made.
Arlo's whining gets annoying really quick and Henry's death is just Mufasa but dinosaur.

PumperKrickel

deleted

SBell

Quote from: suspsy on May 03, 2017, 04:16:34 PM
When I finally tried to watch the film, I ended up doing kitchen cleaning and review writing while it played on the background. Never a good sign, unless it's a movie I've seen many times before. Arlo was one of the least likeable characters I've ever seen in a Disney film.

For once, we can't blame Disney per se--this was a pure Pixar division (Disney has their own "Dinosaur" sins anyway). That might be why it kept getting pushed back for its release until after Inside Out. Everyone thought they were waiting to release it to get better traction after Jurassic World. Turns out that they were hoping to bury their weakest movie (other than Cars 2...but that one is all about the merch for them anyway) in the same year as one of their strongest and most inventive.

Appalachiosaurus

I mean, come on people. The movie flopped, worse than any dinosaur movie done before. There will be no sequels, merchandise, or rides. Pixar and Disney swept it under the rug and the general public have already forgotten about it. Maybe I watch too many b-movies and my bar is set too low, but I don't think it's a third as bad as the nicest review in this thread says. Sure it was nothing compared to some of Pixar's best works, but you guys are acting like the movie ran over your pet dog.

SBell

Quote from: Appalachiosaurus on May 06, 2017, 06:30:59 PM

I mean, come on people. The movie flopped, worse than any dinosaur movie done before. There will be no sequels, merchandise, or rides. Pixar and Disney swept it under the rug and the general public have already forgotten about it. Maybe I watch too many b-movies and my bar is set too low, but I don't think it's a third as bad as the nicest review in this thread says. Sure it was nothing compared to some of Pixar's best works, but you guys are acting like the movie ran over your pet dog.

That pet dog was a people.... :P

I think it's not the we're angry. Just disappointed. The backgrounds and scenery, etc were amazing of course (far beyond your average dino-based B-movie  ;)) but the story..and the character animation...sigh

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.