News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Dinosaurs at right scale with some animals and humans.

Started by Die_Maulquappe, December 28, 2019, 06:59:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Die_Maulquappe

I made this scale because 99% of the internet scaling pictures suck. They make living things smaller and dinosaurs too big,,,or at least in some parts the sacling is wrong.
Theses are sizes that are relativly realistic...not too big not too small - impressive enough i think.
Just for the right imagination...
Thank you.

https://i.imgur.com/s88kChR.jpg
Videos of my statues, figures and dioramas here:
TITANS_of_the_EARTH
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2QYASMKvj9McImqRk1MhCA

Halichoeres

In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Die_Maulquappe

I put it together and in the right scale in lenght & hight.

Because every show picture on the Internet sucks in some way.
One scales living animals too small...
Other have the correct lenght on the dinosaur but the overall silhoutte is in wrong scale (wrong shoulder hight etc.).

I put every animal at its at least average lenght ...or if there was proof (bones) enough (actual) maximum lenght.
And the same with its hight.
The chosen figures seem too have also good body proportions.

So you can see for exemple that if you compare the largest T.rex found like SUE and Scotty and a maximum estimated Triceratops...you should also take the largest modern Elephant(s) ever recorded.
Then you see by size and wight... that an full grown african elephant (great tusker) was equal too a triceratops.
The skull of a blue whale is as long as an african elephant.
And a Patagotitan indeed was enormous...but most of it´s length was neck and tail.
The body was much larger than an elephant but not so much as on many pictures.*

The skeleton of Maximo in NY looks really big but earlier builts from argentinosaurus like in Fernbank museum atlanta dwarfs it...so at least it looks like on some photos.
Even bigger is possible, I don´t speak of the lenght...it´s the body volume.
The Argentinosaurus body skeleton ...the size of the legbones etc. look much more massive, the shoulderhight is much higher it seems. ( just a few bones found, but ok they where larger)

Videos of my statues, figures and dioramas here:
TITANS_of_the_EARTH
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2QYASMKvj9McImqRk1MhCA

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.