News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

avatar_Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews)

"Sharp Teeth" - an animated short film by David James Armsby

Started by Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews), January 26, 2019, 06:01:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews)

Okay, how is there not a thread for this yet? This thing is amazing! It's got everything I've ever wanted in a dinosaur feature! Stylization that doesn't sacrifice accuracy, feathered Struthimimus, even the anthropomorphizing is left largely to the narrator; watch it with the sound off and there's nothing in their actions that looks unnatural! I also appreciated the message that Tyrannosaurs (and carnivoers in general) aren't evil monsters, they're just living life the same as any herbivore.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BtWYvo0vMO8&t=4s

I also gave it a little review on my Dino Dad blog.
It gets my enthusiastic "Stomp of Approval"!!!
https://dinodadreviews.com/2019/01/26/sharp-teeth-animated-short-film/

Brocc21

"Boy do I hate being right all the time."

Shonisaurus

The video is stunning and beautiful. I share the idea of ​​carnivorous animals are not only evil but also necessary. I seem to have read it many years ago that in the US, a "humanitarian" experiment was made to protect the herbivores and the carnivorous animals were exterminated from the wolves, coyotes, foxes in order to prevent them from killing the herbivores and the experiment gave opposite results, because the herbivorous mammals began to deteriorate in health and in the end ended up decreasing in number (I'm not sure of all these statements so I read them a long time ago).

Carnivorous animals fulfill an essential task: they preserve the fauna and the ecosystem and, most importantly, they eliminate the weaker herbivores, since lions, for example, hunt the weakest, oldest or sickest animals and in this way guarantee the continuity of species such as zebra, wildebeest, giraffe or African antelopes to give some examples.

The top of the trophic chain is fundamental and therefore there must be alpha carnivores and carnivores of the second order and scavengers in the first ranks of the faunal pyramid, in order to continue life on earth. The disappearance of one of these chains causes the total collapse of the animal ecosystem.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.