You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Help Protect Dinosaur National Monument from Drilling Threat

Started by HD-man, July 21, 2017, 05:40:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HD-man

Quoting NPCA ( https://secure.npca.org/site/Advocacy?pagename=homepage&page=UserAction&id=1884&autologin=true&AddInterest=1084 ):
QuoteThe Bureau of Land Management (BLM) is considering offering oil and gas leases right up to the boundary of Dinosaur National Monument. The agency is proposing to lease more than 5,000 acres for oil and gas drilling within 5 miles of Dinosaur, including one parcel bordering the monument, in direct view of its entrance road, visitor center and the world-famous Carnegie Fossil Quarry, its most-visited destination. Learn more.

Take action! Tell the BLM that drilling has no place on Dinosaur's doorstep.

Please remember to personalize your message to the BLM as much as possible; a personalized message from you will go further in protecting Dinosaur National Monument.

I originally shared this in "The Prehistoric Times Public Group | Facebook" ( https://www.facebook.com/groups/16791880228/permalink/10155625350975229/ ) & then figured I should share it here too.
I'm also known as JD-man at deviantART: http://jd-man.deviantart.com/

BlueKrono

We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Ravonium

Do you really think admin will approve of you starting this topic again?

Loon

Halichoeres

This pertains to a completely different monument, doesn't it? It's hard to imagine anyone taking exception to its being preserved.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

BlueKrono

Quote from: Halichoeres on July 22, 2017, 08:54:21 PM
This pertains to a completely different monument, doesn't it? It's hard to imagine anyone taking exception to its being preserved.

Hahaha. Famous last words. Oil and gas were mentioned... Opposing opinions are sure to crop up.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Neosodon

Well, I don't think we can convince them not to drill for oil. I'm not sure what the laws are for drilling near fossil quarries are but don't the drill sites have to be inspected? They could at least do that much. Even if they don't damage any fossils a bunch of oil rigs would certainly spoil the scenic view of the place. :(

"3,000 km to the south, the massive comet crashes into Earth. The light from the impact fades in silence. Then the shock waves arrive. Next comes the blast front. Finally a rain of molten rock starts to fall out of the darkening sky - this is the end of the age of the dinosaurs. The Comet struck the Gulf of Mexico with the force of 10 billion Hiroshima bombs. And with the catastrophic climate changes that followed 65% of all life died out. It took millions of years for the earth to recover but when it did the giant dinosaurs were gone - never to return." - WWD

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.