News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Big Lots I need to zeep through

Started by BrontoScorpio, August 06, 2017, 03:21:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BrontoScorpio

Hi,
I got these 2 big lots from a seller in Japan.
I can choose any items I want -
Any suggestions as for what is nice to have and what can be discarded - in order to save on postage ?
Thanks.

Lot 1 :

Lot 2 :

stargatedalek

If you're willing, I'd definitely buy that Safari pelican eel from lot 2 off of you! Maybe some of the Dinosaur King figures too if you don't want them.

I assume that's what you're asking, Is what of these that you don't want people might be willing to buy from you and so you shouldn't leave behind?

BrontoScorpio

Hi,
Thanks for looking.
Actually I wasn't thinking so far ahead - Maybe I should have put it in the Identification thread or recent acquizitions ...
Bought the 1st lot for few SEGAs and the 2nd for the Tsukuda Hobby.
some other - I don't know.
I know the Big Kenner T-rex is going to garbage.
As for buying from me - Items are still in Japan. I may ask seller to ship them some where else than to me -
but I don't think it is worth while since postage can be between 10$ to 25$ depending on size ...

Roselaar

Easiest answer would be to keep the stuff you can't find outside Japan and discard the rest. Save from the goodies like the Invictasaurs and JP figures perhaps.

stargatedalek

The eel and JP rex are actually both worth a pretty penny, easily enough to validate a $10-$30 shipping cost. The eel isn't super valuable per-se but it's rare enough to warrant it if someone's been searching, and if it's in good shape the same goes for the JP rex.

The JP and Dinosaur King figures are definitely worth it if they're in good condition, if not than they may not be.

Can't recognize the beetles from the photo but there is definitely a market for those sort of high end beetles.

You can more or less name your price on that eel, I've been searching for one for years now.

Are these coming through Brett and Emiko? If you're in NA and not going through them it will probably be easier and cheaper for everyone if I buy directly from you and ship from you to me.

stargatedalek

Hopefully this is helpful, only circled what I was certain I recognized.

Red = Worthless, available in NA if not globally, most are actually from dollar stores
Yellow = Only (widely) available in Japan, worth keeping
Green - Available globally but still worth keeping

BlueKrono

On the righthand side of the second lot photo there's a large plesiosaur. That's the Tsukuda Plesiosaurus, perhaps the rarest of the Tsukuda line, which is itself rare outside of Japan. Its value is probably in the triple digits. Definitely snag that one if you can. I've already got one, otherwise I'd be begging you for it. ;) I would be interested in the SEGA Supersaurus and the little squiggly-necked plesiosaur though.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Halichoeres

I think the first thing to get rid of if you're worried about weight are the orange packets, which contain Disney Dinosaurs bottle cap figures/finger puppets.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

BrontoScorpio

Thank you all for your remarks. especially stargatedalek  for all your efforts.
Sorry it took me a while to respond - I was too busy in the process of saving my cat from the brink of death, and dinosaur issues just been put on hold...
It is too complicated to ask seller to devide items to other groups on top of "want" and "don't want" and then to ask him to send it to different addresses.
so, I'll start with that.
1st picture - I'll order what ever  stargatedalek  had marked in yellow + some more items from the 2 small middle pictures.
2nd picture - also most of what you marked in green and yellow.
Thank Halichoeres . I didn't know what there is inside the orange packets. I can now discard it safely...
Also to BlueKrono  - I did know about the Tsukuda Plesiosaur - in fact - I allready lost a bid in the past - prices went too high.
I will also ask seller to discard the Invicta Brachiosaurus, since it's too heavy, and the big JP Kenner T-rex -
I saw it commands nice prices - but just too big for shipping, too ugly for me to ever use it and since I don't intend on being a seller -
just don't worth the entire mess.
Thanks again all

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.