News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Self-made Hallucigenia

Started by Bowhead Whale, September 20, 2017, 07:57:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bowhead Whale

SIDE VIEW:

BOTTOM VIEW:

Hi! OK, sometimes, when I want a figure of an animal I cannot get (because it's too expensive or simply no figure has been made of it yet), I search in my materials and make one myself. Here is the Hallucigenia I made from a hard rubber tube, a piece of a broken water tap, a piece of metal, nails, glue bottle caps and paint. Of course, when I made my figure, I wasn't aware of the fact that scientists didn't know for sure if the round end was the head or the abdomen of the animal. But anyway, here is my personal Hallucigenia figure.

Daspletotyrannus

This is awesome.  What other animals did you make?

Kaprosaurus

That's amazing,i rarely see Hallucigenia getting featured in DTF.Great job!

BlueKrono

Did you know there was no round end at all, that that was just a squish stain of guts? I do like yours though.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Bowhead Whale

Quote from: BlueKrono on September 21, 2017, 07:12:52 AM
Did you know there was no round end at all, that that was just a squish stain of guts? I do like yours though.

I didn't know that! Gosh, I should have done more research before making this piece...

Bowhead Whale

Quote from: Daspletotyrannus on September 20, 2017, 08:40:25 PM
This is awesome.  What other animals did you make?

I also made a Glyptodon, a modern Porcupine and an Anomalopcaris. Besides those, I made a lot of mythological creatures.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.