News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Allosaurus foot - scale model 3d print

Started by Dinoreplicas, November 08, 2017, 12:26:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dinoreplicas

The classic Jurassic carnivorous dinosaur gets it's claws

3D print available to buy HERE - http://shpws.me/Pc2P
Sculpted in Blender 2.79 with the aid of published scientific reference.
Available in the same scales as my Allosaurus skull - 1:8, 1:10, 1:12 and 1:16.

Joey

dinosaurdungeon

Vary nice! I hope you build up all the parts of the skeleton! I will slowly collect the whole thing! I'd love to sculpt a 10th scale Allosaurus some day! 

Dinoreplicas

Quote from: dinosaurdungeon on November 08, 2017, 01:55:07 AMVary nice! I hope you build up all the parts of the skeleton! I will slowly collect the whole thing! I'd love to sculpt a 10th scale Allosaurus some day!

Thanks DD, I'll try and get a forelimb on Shapeways in the near future as a companion piece to the foot and skull.
A whole skeleton? Believe me I'd love to. Possibly one for the future but at the moment it would be too big an undertaking.

A basic version of the skeleton has been done a while now - see this thread - http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5820.0
Unfortunately I had to remove the animated walking version from Sketchfab.

I'm sure you're aware of the Ants 1:12 scale kit. Is it still available? You'll have to do that 1:10th Allo sometime, going by your Yangchuanosaurus it will be excellent!

dinosaurdungeon

Yes I'm very familiar with the ants allosaurus skeleton model from the late 90s! Unfortunately it hasn't been available for some time, but if I ever found when I would certainly love to get my hands on it! Anyway I certainly do hope that you do a full skeleton yourself over time. Also about the hands and feet that you've recently done, is it possible to reverse them in the computer so that you could offer a right and left of each?

Dinoreplicas

Yep it's not difficult for me to produce mirrored versions if you want left and right pairs.
Having said that though, If you prefer I could instead produce custom posed arms and feet to match specific postures. Obviously I've already built the parts so it wouldn't be a ton of work. I've noticed you're planning an Allosaurus sculpture, maybe I'm being presumptuous but I'm guessing your query is related.

tyra-rex2

You are correct that the Ants model has been out of production for a long time.  It is very rare to see one come up on Ebay, if there are any out there at all.  However, all may not be lost.  Have you seen Brant Bassam's Dinosaur Skeleton website?  He has been working on a recast of the Ants model with a lot of updating to improve the accuracy.  From what I can tell, the project seems to have been stalled (he has an outside life with a day job; something we all often lament) but perhaps some prodding may get him moving again.   
http://brantworks.com/brantworks-allosaurus-scrapbook.php

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.