You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Scale of the 2008 Carnegie Collection Diplodocus?

Started by Takama, January 07, 2018, 06:35:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Takama

Hello everyone.   I would like to know the exact scale of the second Carnegie Collection Diplodocus. I here the company listed it as 1:40. But they also list the velociraptor as 1:50 which is way way off.   I heard some experts say that the model is in 1:35.      So what scale is it in?   

By the way, im assumeing the model was based on D Carnegi, so can i get a result based on the maximum length of that?

Thank you all in advance

Joey

Diplodocus Carnegii = 27.4 meters
1 inch = 40 inches in 1:40 scale
My Carnegie Diplodocus is 27 inches long (with uncoiled tail).
27 inches × 40 inches equals to about 1080 inches, converted to meters is about 27.43 meters.
So you can safely say it's a 1:40 scale model.

Halichoeres

1 meter = slightly less than 40 inches. I just measure in centimeters, which gets rid of rounding errors. My Carnegie Diplodocus is about 70.5 cm long measured along the spine, which makes it 1:35 for a 25 meter animal. 1:40 is probably plausible, but at that scale it would be slightly larger than known specimens of D. carnegii.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.