You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Re: New 1:35 Giganotosaurus PVC model will be available thru Dans Dinosaurs Feb.

Started by Syndicate Bias, December 30, 2017, 10:03:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Minmiminime

Very good news! Pricey, though :o Now I wonder...does this increasing distribution suggest that Everything Dinosaur may end up stocking them here in the UK? As they stock PNSO I'm increasingly hopeful
"You can have all the dinosaurs you want my love, providing we have enough space"

Syndicate Bias

I asked ED and they said they already know about this particular model but don't know yet when they will have it in stock as they have to get through a few other projects first

RobinGoodfellow

..just a quick remark..
On Dan's Dinosaurs the price is 99.99 USD + shipping.
When I pre-ordered Vitae Giganotosaurus on MonsterHouseHK (late September 2017) the price was 95 USD (INTERNATIONAL shipping INCLUDED).
If i remember correctly there were a lot of people saying that it was a crazy price, that MHHK is a scalper, etc etc..   ;)

Minmiminime

Quote from: SyndicateBias on December 31, 2017, 04:22:39 AM
I asked ED and they said they already know about this particular model but don't know yet when they will have it in stock as they have to get through a few other projects first

Ah, that suggests that eventually, they will ;D I can wait!! There are many amazing dinosaur figures to keep me busy until then ^-^
"You can have all the dinosaurs you want my love, providing we have enough space"

Shonisaurus

I prefer to wait for shopmodellpferdeversand or another company within the European Community to market it. For now there is all the sale of that frozen figure, they told me that soon they would have it for sale. I give you a link,

http://shop.modellpferdeversand.de/Vitae-Figuren:::947.html

KeU

Yea, it's pretty pricey.
Might be better to wait.
A little surprised since I am expecting a lower price if they ship them in bulk.

Really hoping that the Giganotosaurus would be a success so that Vitae will start pushing out more non-resin figures.

postsaurischian

:D Good price - ordered ;D.

The Premium Edition is not worth almost twice the money. The repaint isn't that good.
I could easily pass, I even like the standard version better.

Andreioli

I ordered the standard version too.

I did not expect those red marks/wounds on the special version to be that evident.
I was planning to get the special but the price is just too high.

Shonisaurus

Together I have ordered the Premium version (the most expensive). The other honestly and feeling it a lot I do not buy it. It has been a "saber" (metaphorically) unexpected on the part of shop.modellpferdeversand.de I did not think that they would commercialize this magnificent figure so soon. Now I only have the PNSO tyrannosaurus.

By the way, the standard edition will only vary in that it does not have the painting details of the special edition I suppose. Honestly that other figure (cheaper) can wait in my case eternally. I'm spending too much

Thanks Andreioli for the announcement!  ;)

The year at least starts with good progress in terms of purchases for me.  :)

Syndicate Bias

The German shop is the cheapest I've seen so far for standard. 76 dollars overall is nice for U.S customers. Just like a rebor, better than the previous cheapest price which was 93. Now hopefully ED sells it for around 50-60 For their UK and U.S customers. Well 40-50 pounds

Minmiminime

Ah, how tempting! The Special Edition is possibly commanding that price because it is limited to only 200 units, and may therefore maintain its value more robustly. Providing civilisation as we know it survives in some capacity, it may be worth considerably more in a decade. Typical for these models to arrive in Europe at the one time of the year most people are skint!! ::) ;D

Shonisaurus

I agree with you how expensive it is usually good in many cases and I believe that I have not been mistaken as far as I am concerned with that giganotosaurus bought from shop.modellpferdeversand.com

I believe that if the special version (even if it is limited) is worth twice as much as the standard being of similar size for something it will be. Because it is worth more and then it is revalued in the eBay or Amazon market by giving two examples.

Something similar (although it is cheaper) will happen with the acrocanthosaurus Papo (rainbow color) whose disappearance grieves me because for me it was one of my favorite Papo prehistoric animals along with the ceratosaurus although I know that many people did not agree with this acrocanthosaurus for me it was great. Although the repainting is a substantial improvement over its predecessor.

And getting to the point the giganotosaurus of Vitae is going to be a well-deserved consolation to have a giganotosaurus of outstanding quality that together with another of the same characteristics as Safari will more than compensate for the defection that Papo has made this year by not being able to perform the giganotosaurus so expected.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.