You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Sbell with some REALLY rare stuff that needs new homes--WwD, COG, Cosmoland

Started by SBell, December 27, 2016, 07:29:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SBell

Quote from: Reptilia on October 24, 2017, 08:30:50 PM
It's a big lot you want to get rid of, why don't keep them in some storage bins if it's just a matter of space? Just curious. And do you use Ikea Billy bookcases to display your collection?

My display cases are legend man. It's a variety of Ikea--Billy, Hemnes and Besta. Most with doors.

I've just developed a personal guideline that if something's in storage, it can probably be better served with someone else's collection. I also want a differently organized style to my displays.

And I still have thousands of figures.

Reptilia

I'm already in trouble with half a Billy full of figures, can't imagine what I'd do with thousands of figures!  ;D

SBell

Quote from: Reptilia on October 24, 2017, 09:32:05 PM
I'm already in trouble with half a Billy full of figures, can't imagine what I'd do with thousands of figures!  ;D

That's kind of the problem! 8)

SBell

So, as I mentioned elsewhere, I did find a home for most of this lot...and most of the rest of what I was looking to place in new homes! It was something like 200 models...

I do still have what is in the attached photo...

Anyone need a bunch of Carnegies, some big Schleich, and some other miscellania? And a Safari Gorgosaurus? I'd rather just do a single lot because it's easier on me!

At some point I'll also get my smaller sets up that need new homes--FameMaster puzzles and some various Japanese sets, other stuff...it's such a long process.

Blade-of-the-Moon

I'm always looking for lots to stock our little gift shop with,  what would you want plus shipping?

sauroid

"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

SBell

I guess it would have made sense to put a price on it. I was thinking $125 plus postage to wherever (I think it's about 5kg).

Shonisaurus

Sbell I am interested in the following figures if some days you put them on sale, tyrannosaurus rex Battat first and second version (feet of snow), acrocantosaurus Boston Museum Battat descatalogo, green ceratosaurus discontinued Battat, gallimimus and utahraptor Battat both and their miniatures. I would offer you a good sum.

On the other hand if you are interested someday selling Play Visions figures such as the uintatherium, andrewsarchus, palorchestes and smilodon (even if it comes with the small figures) and the prehistoric amphibious Play Visions (I'm missing almost all except the eryops and peltobatrachus that I bought to Roselaar, to which I am eternally grateful) although in any case I would buy the whole amphibian group independently of the two already mentioned, you know where you have a buyer.  :)

SBell

Quote from: Shonisaurus on February 13, 2018, 03:35:41 PM
Sbell I am interested in the following figures if some days you put them on sale, tyrannosaurus rex Battat first and second version (feet of snow), acrocantosaurus Boston Museum Battat descatalogo, green ceratosaurus discontinued Battat, gallimimus and utahraptor Battat both and their miniatures. I would offer you a good sum.

On the other hand if you are interested someday selling Play Visions figures such as the uintatherium, andrewsarchus, palorchestes and smilodon (even if it comes with the small figures) and the prehistoric amphibious Play Visions (I'm missing almost all except the eryops and peltobatrachus that I bought to Roselaar, to which I am eternally grateful) although in any case I would buy the whole amphibian group independently of the two already mentioned, you know where you have a buyer.  :)

Sorry, I don't have any of the Battats to sell (anymore...it's been a long time).

And I'm never parting with what Play Visions I have left! Some of them I've had over 20 years, and others took me too long to track down!

sauroid

Quote from: SBell on February 13, 2018, 01:35:37 PM
I guess it would have made sense to put a price on it. I was thinking $125 plus postage to wherever (I think it's about 5kg).
that price is so good and tempting but the postage cost of that lot to my location would cost even more, sadly.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Hmm if I sold them for the 5-10.00 prices I use in the shop I'd probably get around 140-150.00 for them.  With shipping I think that would just even out.  Great deal for a true collector though.

SBell

I just did a quick look...it looks like about $35-$45 to the US. I have a small business discount, so that helps! Assuming that I guessed at the dimensions of the parcel correctly (it could change if I got the box totally wrong...). I tend to try and balance weight with packing well...keep that cost down.

And keep in mind that I am quoting CDN pricing so, you know, exchange savings!

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.