News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

How to view email attachments?

Started by dragon53, January 14, 2018, 11:05:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dragon53

I got an email attachment with a list of models for sale.
When I press on the attachment to view it, I get the following:

"Open with

Microsoft Office (default)----enter your product key...found in your product packaging.

Windows Wordpad Application---(this doesn't work)

Notepad---(a bunch of gibberish scribbling)"

So my questions are:

1. What is the easiest, free way to view the attachment?
2. Where do I found the product key in the product packaging?

I'm using Windows 10 and Yahoo Basic email.

Lanthanotus

You need an office programm (App nowadays :P) to open the file in an appropriate and readable form. If you do not have Windows Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.) get a free office programm as OpenOffice. click!
Lot of attached text files come as PDF, OpenOffice can open these, however, Adobe Acrobat Reader (free) may come in handy aswell.

dragon53

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.