News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

JURASSIC WORLD 3

Started by dragon53, February 22, 2018, 05:46:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dragon53

Universal Pictures announced that JURASSIC WORLD 3 will premiere on  Friday, June 11, 2021.

Blade-of-the-Moon

John

Quote from: dragon53 on February 22, 2018, 05:46:47 AM
Universal Pictures announced that JURASSIC WORLD 3 will premiere on  Friday, June 11, 2021.
That is unless this year's Jurassic World:Fallen Kingdom under performs at the box-office like Alien:Covenent did last year,killing the all the multiple sequels that Fox announced for that one...Never assume anything when it comes to the movies.
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

Appalachiosaurus

Quote from: John on February 22, 2018, 06:53:03 AM
That is unless this year's Jurassic World:Fallen Kingdom under performs at the box-office like Alien:Covenent did last year,killing the all the multiple sequels that Fox announced for that one...Never assume anything when it comes to the movies.

I know we shouldn't assume, but JW:FK was the most viewed trailer from the Super Bowl and is a follow-up to one of the few movies in all of history that made over a billion dollars in the box office. There really is no chance that it could fail.

amargasaurus cazaui

Of course now that Disney owns Fox and with it Aliens....not sure that property is going to be allowed to languish either, although it begs the question...is Disney going to invest in a property that almost requires R ratings and a lot of violence? Unsure how you do an aliens storyline without those factors...
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

dragon53

Update.

JURASSIC WORLD 3---Colin Trevorrow announced the third movie in the franchise is underway and is being co-written by Emily Carmichael (PACIFIC RIM UPRISING), "It's important to this franchise that we welcome new creative voices to keep our storytelling fresh and alive. I'm thrilled with the tension and beauty J.A. [Bayona] has brought to FALLEN KINGDOM, and I know Emily will add another layer of emotion to the concluding chapter of our trilogy." Premiere is June 11, 2021.

Blade-of-the-Moon

JW:FK would have to just totally bomb to get canceled, I don't see that happening as all,  I expect less than the first one but I'm sure the studio does too,  remember it only has to make money to be successful. a million less is less but not compared to what they made.

John

Yes,I know what you all mean. :)
It's like Star Wars,it just isn't going to flop no matter what or even how many fans it angers if they don't like certain story developments. ;D
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

stargatedalek

I can't wait for Chris Pratt and Blue getting stuck on an island. We all know that's what's coming. ;D

Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on February 22, 2018, 02:44:06 PM
Of course now that Disney owns Fox and with it Aliens....not sure that property is going to be allowed to languish either, although it begs the question...is Disney going to invest in a property that almost requires R ratings and a lot of violence? Unsure how you do an aliens storyline without those factors...
They did say they're going to keep Deadpool R rated, so I wouldn't expect Alien to be any different. I kind of hope they do continue with Alien so there's even a small chance Disney decides to retcon Prometheus and Alien Covenant. I think it's fair to say Aliens is widely regarded as the best in the franchise, and I for one would love to see it become canon again, but even just to have more films in that style would be nice.

amargasaurus cazaui

Quote from: stargatedalek on February 23, 2018, 02:44:53 AM
I can't wait for Chris Pratt and Blue getting stuck on an island. We all know that's what's coming. ;D

Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on February 22, 2018, 02:44:06 PM
They did say they're going to keep Deadpool R rated, so I wouldn't expect Alien to be any different. I kind of hope they do continue with Alien so there's even a small chance Disney decides to retcon Prometheus and Alien Covenant. I think it's fair to say Aliens is widely regarded as the best in the franchise, and I for one would love to see it become canon again, but even just to have more films in that style would be nice.
I know what they have said about Deadpool retaining the R rating....but I also know Disney as far as I understand has never released anything rated R..so it does make you wonder. I wont believe it till they do it...an I keep wondering if they are doing a lot of rewrites and reshoots for the movie. Properties like the Alien Franchise might find themselves pushed off to a side studio Disney migh retain ownership over but more or less wash their hands of.....
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

Shadowknight1

Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on February 23, 2018, 03:10:19 AM
I know what they have said about Deadpool retaining the R rating....but I also know Disney as far as I understand has never released anything rated R..so it does make you wonder. I wont believe it till they do it...an I keep wondering if they are doing a lot of rewrites and reshoots for the movie. Properties like the Alien Franchise might find themselves pushed off to a side studio Disney migh retain ownership over but more or less wash their hands of.....
Disney hasn't ever released an R-rated movie under the Walt Disney brand, but they've released several through Miramax and Touchstone Pictures.  Some examples: Pulp Fiction, Kill Bill, Clerks, Starship Troopers, Tombstone
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

Reptilia

This time the movie isn't even out yet and they already announced release date for the next chapter? Didn't the second get a release date after JW hit the theatres? All things must be running faster and faster these days.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.