News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Lookin' for a Chimera

Started by brontosauruschuck, November 27, 2018, 03:08:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brontosauruschuck

Hey, I'm new to the board, sorry if this is in the wrong section or anything like that.

I was at a Michael's years ago and in their sparse but cool toy section I remembered finding a chimera toy that actually had not only the lion's head and the snake tail but also a goat's head sticking out of the middle of its back. I really liked the toy, because it's pretty tricky to make a creature look fierce when it has a goat's head sicking out of the middle of its back, but I remember the figure did pretty well. At the time I was living out of my car and certainly couldn't spend money like that on a toy. I've tried to find the toy on ebay and other such places since, and I've never seen it. Does anyone know what I'm talking about or who made it or anything like that? Thanks!

Speaking of chimeras, I recently bought a bunch of cool weird fish Gashapon and I accidentally got two Chimera (Well, two of everything actually). If you would like to trade or something, let's talk. https://photos.app.goo.gl/Yj9iwLo8cBzNDagA8

CityRaptor

The chimera toys I know off are:

Safari:

Papo:

Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

brontosauruschuck

Maybe I was thinking of the Safari one. It was a while ago.

SBell

Quote from: brontosauruschuck on November 27, 2018, 03:08:30 PM
Hey, I'm new to the board, sorry if this is in the wrong section or anything like that.

I was at a Michael's years ago and in their sparse but cool toy section I remembered finding a chimera toy that actually had not only the lion's head and the snake tail but also a goat's head sticking out of the middle of its back. I really liked the toy, because it's pretty tricky to make a creature look fierce when it has a goat's head sicking out of the middle of its back, but I remember the figure did pretty well. At the time I was living out of my car and certainly couldn't spend money like that on a toy. I've tried to find the toy on ebay and other such places since, and I've never seen it. Does anyone know what I'm talking about or who made it or anything like that? Thanks!

Speaking of chimeras, I recently bought a bunch of cool weird fish Gashapon and I accidentally got two Chimera (Well, two of everything actually). If you would like to trade or something, let's talk. https://photos.app.goo.gl/Yj9iwLo8cBzNDagA8

That photo looks like the Colorata chimaera. Does it have a hole in the belly (for a peg)? I have one one already, but it's a good figure!

brontosauruschuck

Quote from: SBell on November 29, 2018, 05:34:15 AM
Quote from: brontosauruschuck on November 27, 2018, 03:08:30 PM

That photo looks like the Colorata chimaera. Does it have a hole in the belly (for a peg)? I have one one already, but it's a good figure!

Indeed it is the same one.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.