You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Cloned Mauritian bird Dodo baby will be hatching in Mauritius(to be confirmed.)

Started by Prehistory Resurrection, April 01, 2018, 08:12:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ravonium

Quote from: Reptilia on April 01, 2018, 12:12:30 PM
Didn't want to disclose anything before the time, but seems that some info leaked out.

Well, looks like more info has been leaked  >:D :

Is this an escaped specimen of yours?, and if so, then did you give it special powers of focus alteration?

Papi-Anon

Shapeways Store: The God-Fodder
DeviantArt: Papi-Anon
Cults3D: Papi-Anon

"They said I could be whatever I wanted to be when I evolved. So I decided to be a crocodile."
-Ambulocetus, 47.8–41.3mya

Reptilia

Quote from: Ravonium on April 01, 2018, 09:34:32 PM
Is this an escaped specimen of yours?, and if so, then did you give it special powers of focus alteration?

I can't say anything else. Please be patient people, only few weeks...

Loon

Quote from: Ravonium on April 01, 2018, 07:55:31 PM
As a Bird Truther, we don't believe that nonsense statement. We actually believe that birds are holographic projections created to distract us from our oppression.
"Birds can't melt steel beams" - Alex Jones

Prehistory Resurrection

There are actually still best preserved specimens of the Dodo which contain good DNA samples, which give hope for cloning, like the frozen,preserved DNA samples of the Woolly Mammoth whereas for
prehistoric animals like Dinosaurs which died out 65 million years ago, their fossils and remains, do not contain preserved DNA, unless DNA is preserved in a mosquito trapped in amber/tree resin, like in the film Jurassic Park.

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Prehistory Resurrection on April 02, 2018, 08:40:47 AM
There are actually still best preserved specimens of the Dodo which contain good DNA samples, which give hope for cloning, like the frozen,preserved DNA samples of the Woolly Mammoth whereas for
prehistoric animals like Dinosaurs which died out 65 million years ago, their fossils and remains, do not contain preserved DNA, unless DNA is preserved in a mosquito trapped in amber/tree resin, like in the film Jurassic Park.

I'm not sure if you're being serious here, given the nature of the thread, but nonetheless...

I just want to say that the DNA is too degraded (even the "tiger in a jar" is too far gone to be useful). I think the closest thing we could achieve is some sort of hybrid. A full resurrection will never happen, at least with our current level of technology.

Reptilia

April fools' day was yesterday.

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Reptilia on April 02, 2018, 11:53:04 AM
April fools' day was yesterday.

I know (hence my comments "I'm not sure if you're being serious here, given the nature of the thread") but I thought in this instance, Prehistory Resurrection was actually being serious, so I replied to it.

Reptilia

I was referring to him, in fact. No reason to keep the joke going.

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Reptilia on April 02, 2018, 12:26:45 PM
I was referring to him, in fact. No reason to keep the joke going.

Oh, OK, looks like I misread you there :)