News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Are Takara Tomy Ania Figures Vinyl?

Started by IrritatorRaji, April 07, 2018, 10:38:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IrritatorRaji

Uh, yeah, simple question. Are the Takara Tomy Animal Ania figures vinyl?

Halichoeres

I don't think they are in the usual sense that dinosaur collectors talk about vinyl (like Sega action figures, large PNSO models, and Kaiyodo DinoLand). To me they feel like they could be PVC (which stands for polyvinyl chloride, so in a technical sense it's vinyl), but I am not personally enough of an expert to be able discern chemical composition by touch alone. They might well be some other type of plastic.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Digibasherx

Definitely PVC, rigid rubbery plastic.  They're made for tough play for kids, so they're not brittle or hollow, similar to anything by Safari or CollectA.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.