News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Why is Eofauna and Mojo taking so long to market their products?

Started by Shonisaurus, June 28, 2018, 08:46:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shonisaurus

As you know I am an enthusiast of the figures of Eofauna and Mojo and in fact I have already reserved them in two stores but the case is why they are taking so long to put them on sale.

Eofauna commented that Palaeoloxodon antiquus would be commercialized at the end of June and the Mojo dinosaurs have not yet been commercialized. Will they have problems when it comes to producing their products? Other stores already sell their products as Collecta, Papo, Rebor, Schleich, iToy for example and unfortunately these two companies, especially Eofauna, still do not give many signs of life.

I am very surprised that they are not yet in online stores.

Lanthanotus

Well, I guess that has mostly to do with market strength, investions and binding contracts. Big players as Schleich have contracts for large numbers of figures and producers are bound to bring them in time, while I'd guess that smaller companies, especially those in their first or just second year of existance (or at least releasing figures for that time) have a comparably weak stand when it comes to discussing quality standards, prices, deadlines and such. And with the high standard Eofauna has, I guess they rather want the 1A quality their customers demand than releasing a product too fast. And there's a lot that can go amiss in the line of production, packing, shipping etc.

So be patient, they will release their figures and there will be enough money to spend for this year's lineups :)

Jose S.M.

In Eofauna's case, they are am emerging company in the toy market, granted they have other kinds of products that were their main products but talking about plastic toys they are just starting, the delay on the Palaeoloxodon doesn't surprise me so much. By the way in the coming soon section of Dejankins it's listed as expected mid July, and they have been pretty accurate with the expected dates with the collecta models at least. About MOJO I don't know why they are so late, they are am established company and have already released images of their figures.

Ravonium

Quote from: Jose S.M. on June 28, 2018, 08:57:21 PM
About MOJO I don't know why they are so late, they are am established company and have already released images of their figures.

Mojo Fun may be an established company by now, but they are still pretty obscure compared to the likes of Schleich, Safari Ltd, Papo and CollectA. They also have much more involvement with forums than the aforomentioned companies (and likely a smaller team too), which is something they share with Eofauna.

Shonisaurus

If I share everything you mention but for example iToy figures of toy dinosaurs already market their tyrannosaurus rex I pass a link. And iToy is a very recent and obscure company:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/ITOY-Tyrannosaurus-Rex-1-35-scale-with-platform/223030960659?hash=item33edae6213:g:PSkAAOSwkE9bL84m

Ravonium

Mojo has already started selling some of their extant releases (on Minizoo), so I don't think it will be long before their prehistoric animals get released.

Syndicate Bias

SBell

Quote from: Ravonium on June 28, 2018, 09:16:15 PM
Quote from: Jose S.M. on June 28, 2018, 08:57:21 PM
About MOJO I don't know why they are so late, they are am established company and have already released images of their figures.

Mojo Fun may be an established company by now, but they are still pretty obscure compared to the likes of Schleich, Safari Ltd, Papo and CollectA. They also have much more involvement with forums than the aforomentioned companies (and likely a smaller team too), which is something they share with Eofauna.

Mojo, since their inception/split from CollectA, has never been great with timing or getting to market. It's always been one of their biggest issues. It's also why a company like Schleich has no problem pushing them out of the way--when they say something is being released, it is almost always on time. Retailers like that.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.