You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

A new book about prehistory, with a focus on Colombia

Started by Halichoeres, May 14, 2018, 03:17:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Halichoeres

The Humboldt Institute in Colombia, with the cooperation of the Smithsonian, has just published a new book called Hace Tiempo, that gives a brief overview of prehistory, with a focus on Colombian fossils. It's in Spanish, but lushly illustrated and has some cool reconstructions, especially of Neogene and Quaternary animals, which are the best studied in Colombia because of their relevance to the Great American Interchange.

An example image:

Free pdf download, although I would still like to hunt down a hard copy myself: http://www.humboldt.org.co/es/component/k2/item/1198-hace-tiempo-libro
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Loon

Super excited for this, being partly Colombian I'd love to read this! Also, anyone know of a good book about prehistoric Mexico?

Mini Minmi

Beautiful painting! It might be time for me to learn Spanish...

Halichoeres

Quote from: Loon on May 14, 2018, 06:54:14 PM
Super excited for this, being partly Colombian I'd love to read this! Also, anyone know of a good book about prehistoric Mexico?

Unfortunately, when I've been in Mexican bookstores I've mostly seen books translated from English. I'd be interested in that too.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.