You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

USA not allowed to have CollectA Products?

Started by Takama, March 08, 2018, 10:51:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SBell

Quote from: John on March 10, 2018, 07:33:02 PM
I've been ordering what I want from MiniZoo and Everything Dinosaur for the past 3 or 4 years anyway because U.S. distribution for CollectA had always been poor at best anyway so I can't really tell the difference now! :)

Back when there was a Canadian distributor, I was lucky as a retailer to get the new models by November...it didn't help much for the summer tourism season.

This Reeves thing, though, is worse.

mgaguilar

Is there any possible way to express displeasure directly to CollectA?

I've been waiting for years for them to expand reach in the states, and they are still very scarce.

suspsy

Have you tried sending them a polite email expressing your concerns?
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

SBell

Quote from: suspsy on March 12, 2018, 12:02:29 PM
Have you tried sending them a polite email expressing your concerns?

I have many times--before and after Reeves. It's pretty much 'oh well'. Whatever their reasoning, they seem happy with the decision.

So I've pretty much given up on them in Canada for a while. As have most retailers (Dean tried to find a way...more as a service since the cost to bring them his way was astronomical...but that's done now too).

Halichoeres

I sent Breyer an email a few days ago saying that I and other collectors would like to buy CollectA's prehistoric line locally but that I'll continue to buy overseas if they don't bring in the newest items in particular (very politely, of course). From one standpoint, they're sort of leaving money on the table, but of course horses = $
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Brachiosaurus

Great the only place I ever find CollectA's prehistoric line is the Dinosaur Place and they are always a year behind on new models, whats gonna happen with them now

SBell

Quote from: Brachiosaurus on June 28, 2018, 10:37:13 PM
Great the only place I ever find CollectA's prehistoric line is the Dinosaur Place and they are always a year behind on new models, whats gonna happen with them now

I just went through Mini Zoo from Australia. Decent postage costs, and they had what I wanted!

Syndicate Bias

Should've bought that brand new CollectA Carcharodontosaurus from Ebay that was going for 16 dollars oh well

Brachiosaurus

Quote from: SBell on June 28, 2018, 11:32:05 PM

I just went through Mini Zoo from Australia. Decent postage costs, and they had what I wanted!

Do they ship to the U.S.?

Ravonium

Quote from: Brachiosaurus on June 29, 2018, 01:10:20 AM

Yes, they ship internationally, including to the US.

Shonisaurus

The prices of minizoo.com.au are superaquisible. They are sold globally. Very advisable company, Jason is a great seller. Recommendable.

SBell

Quote from: Brachiosaurus on June 29, 2018, 01:10:20 AM
Quote from: SBell on June 28, 2018, 11:32:05 PM

Certainly--I'm in Canada.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.