News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Getting Keith Strasser's kits

Started by Joel, August 09, 2012, 08:37:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joel

As many of you know, Keith Strasser's work is pretty good, but it's almost impossible to collect any of them. I've heard he is very busy, so he has little time to supply us with them. However, ataraxus and I have been thinking if Keith were to give his molds to Mike Evans, and let Dan sell the castings (I'm sure you and Keith could work out a deal, right Dan? ;) ), would anyone else here be interested in getting any?

Here is Keith's web site, so you can see his dinos:
http://www.gorbs.com/strasser/dinosaurs/index1.cfm

Blade-of-the-Moon

Keith has several pieces I like, it's a shame they are so hard to get a hold of.

Dan

Sounds great to me, but I've had no luck in reaching him yet. Did someone else hear from him recently?

Blade-of-the-Moon

It's been awhile since I last heard from him. I think Mike from PT is able to reach him..he sells his Coelophysis kit on ebay every once in awhile.

ataraxus

Quote from: Dan on August 10, 2012, 01:44:47 PM
Sounds great to me, but I've had no luck in reaching him yet. Did someone else hear from him recently?

yep, i got three days ago three kits from him.
i asked two times what you think about the idea to give the molds and the shippings to (for example) Mike Evans. but he never answered to this question. so i asked now third and last. i very hope he says "yes"

ataraxus

gentleman.... great news.i got an answer. he will think about this. i hope it`s the first step in the right direction.

Dan

It's understandable that an artist would want to protect their work, and leaving it in the hands of a stranger can be a lot to ask. I've seen it happen a few times. If the artist wants to be the only person in charge of his models, we ultimately have to respect that decision.

ataraxus

of course...
i told him that i also respect this when he says "no", i would not make pressure. but i also think that he understand that it is pitty when they exist but are unavailable.
So, let`s hope the best.

Joel

Well, he's thinking about it, so it's a step in the right dircetion. Let's keep our fingers crossed and hope this works out!  :))

Blade-of-the-Moon

Feel free tp point him to our thread here and forums as well..he can see just how many love his work . :)