News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Suchomimus Model Kits

Started by Sucho-Matty-mus, August 15, 2018, 11:58:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sucho-Matty-mus

Been looking around for a while now, but there really are not many unfinished model kit of the Suchomimus. Have found a few on Shapeways.com, but curious on the suppliers. One is from Vitamin Imagination and the other is from GNModels (Galileo Hernandez or GeeneModels.com). I like the way GNModels Suchomimus looks, but I have not heard many good reviews on his company as a whole. Anyone know of another company or person that produces an unfinished Suchomimus kit or one that will release one in the future?

Smilodon P.

In the future, I know only that VITAE plans to do suchomimus figures, but in relation to the models, I only remember Dan's Dinosaurs and CM Studio versions.

http://stores.dansdinosaurs.com/search.php?search_query=suchomimus&Search=

Sucho-Matty-mus

Quote from: Smilodon P. on August 16, 2018, 01:27:40 AM
In the future, I know only that VITAE plans to do suchomimus figures, but in relation to the models, I only remember Dan's Dinosaurs and CM Studio versions.

http://stores.dansdinosaurs.com/search.php?search_query=suchomimus&Search=

As gorgeous as Dan's Dinosaurs models are, they are way out of my price range right now. Maybe in the future I can afford to spend $300+ for a statue

Syndicate Bias

Your only other option is Vitae but they aren't selling kits  :-\

Sucho-Matty-mus

Quote from: Syndicate Bias on August 16, 2018, 02:55:04 AM
Your only other option is Vitae but they aren't selling kits  :-\

only seen 3 companies making kits... GNModels, Vitamin Imagination, and Dan's Dinosaur's. 2 of them, GNmodels and Vitamin Imagination are less then $100 with Dan's $200+

If Papo and Vitae make figures of the Suchomimus, I would still be happy and buy them.

ITdactyl

The GN models Suchomimus is at 1/72 scale, so the model itself is less than 7 inches long.  I don't have that exact model myself, but I've purchased Galileo's other 1/72 models and found that while the 3D renders are gorgeous, they are not optimized for 3D printing.  Speaking from experience, with Shapeways' [more expensive] fine detail plastic, you'll probably still get details like skin folds and wrinkles, but the small details like scales, teeth separation, eyes, nostrils will likely be lost.
(To be fair to Galileo, the models in 1/40 or 1/35 scale had better print results)

Vitae did announce the plans to release a Suchomimus last March, and shared the prototype last April along with the Chilantaisaurus and Wuerhosaurus.  Since they already released a few of the critters they teased early this year, I don't think it'll be long before they release that Sucho (although they are coy about an exact release date).

IrritatorRaji

Sucho-Matty-mus

Quote from: ITdactyl on August 16, 2018, 04:46:39 AM
The GN models Suchomimus is at 1/72 scale, so the model itself is less than 7 inches long.  I don't have that exact model myself, but I've purchased Galileo's other 1/72 models and found that while the 3D renders are gorgeous, they are not optimized for 3D printing.  Speaking from experience, with Shapeways' [more expensive] fine detail plastic, you'll probably still get details like skin folds and wrinkles, but the small details like scales, teeth separation, eyes, nostrils will likely be lost.
(To be fair to Galileo, the models in 1/40 or 1/35 scale had better print results)

Vitae did announce the plans to release a Suchomimus last March, and shared the prototype last April along with the Chilantaisaurus and Wuerhosaurus.  Since they already released a few of the critters they teased early this year, I don't think it'll be long before they release that Sucho (although they are coy about an exact release date).

oh I do like their figure they have planned. Wonder what the final product will look like. Looks like I will be keeping an eye out for that.

As for Galileo, people said they got what ever they ordered either in a few weeks to almost a year depending on what it was and there was also a few where he never responded back. But those reviews are back in 2014-2016 so a bit outdated just not to sure how he is currently.  It does seem like some of the more fine detailing will be lost, but I am sure its not terrible.

Sucho-Matty-mus

Quote from: IrritatorRaji on August 16, 2018, 12:17:58 PM
What about this one from Dans Dinosaurs?
1:15 scale (27 inches long)
http://stores.dansdinosaurs.com/suchomimus-resin-kit-by-dans-dinosaurs/

I was looking at that, but that's a bit out of my price range...

RobinGoodfellow

..a little bit of confusion on this thread..  ???

Galileo Hernandez owns a company called Geenemodels; he does ( ..or did ? ) resin kits under the label "Geenemodels"; the kits need to be assembled and ordered by the Geenemodels web page.
I know that Geenemodels is still a "complicated" company... ::)
Now  GM web page and GM Facebook page seems to be inactive..
Then there is Shapeways.
Galileo Hernandez has a personal page on  Shapeways.
Shapeways is a reliable company.
When you order on Shapeways, you're shopping directly with Shapeways and not with Hernandez.
So you don't have to worry about that.
But Shapeways doesn't sell Geenemodels' resin kits.
Shapeways sells 3D printed figures designed by Galileo Hernandez and they are finished models (you don't have to assemble them) but without colors.
They are from a different material than usual resin kits because they're 3D printed (while resin kits need a individual molding process for each copy).
I have a few Shapeways figures designed by Hernandez and I had no problems about ordering them on Shapeways.
I also have Hernandez' resin figures but I ordered them by a re-seller.
I hope I was clear enough..
Regards
:)

Sucho-Matty-mus

Quote from: RobinGoodfellow on August 17, 2018, 07:11:10 AM
..a little bit of confusion on this thread..  ???

Galileo Hernandez owns a company called Geenemodels; he does resin kits under the label "Geenemodels"; the kits need to be assembled and ordered by the Geenemodels web page.
I know that Geenemodels is still a "complicated" company... ::)
Now  GM web page and GM Facebook page seems to be inactive..
Then there is Shapeways.
Galileo Hernandez has a shop on  Shapeways.
Shapeways is a reliable company.
When you order on Shapeways, you're shopping directly with Shapeways and not with Hernandez.
So you don't have to worry about that.
But Shapeways doesn't sell Geenemodels' resin kits.
Shapeways sells 3D printed figures designed by Galileo Hernandez and they are finished models (you don't have to assemble them) but without colors.
They are from a different material than usual resin kits because they're 3D printed (while resin kits need a individual molding process for each copy).
I have a few Shapeways figures designed by Hernandez and I had no problems about ordering them on Shapeways.
I hope I was clear enough..
Regards
:)

Oh, I do appreciate you clearing that up for me! Only shopped on Shapeways once before so was not exactly sure how the process went. Now I do so, again, thank you. I knew it would have been 3D printed verse the true resin molds, just thought I would have to deal with Hernandez through Shapeways. That was my main concern. Luckily its through shapeways themself.

Huskies

Galileo used to have resin suchomimus in 1/35 scale. I bought one from him, it is very nice model but for mine the fitting isn't very good.

ITdactyl

RobinGoodfellow beat me to the reply (heh, time zones).  Yeah, I'm only referring to Galileo's shapeways figures in my previous post.  I don't have his resin figures - and I have read the reviews/reaction posts from the old dinotoyforum so I was aware of what OP was talking about.  I hope his business has improved on those growing pains.

I do envy the members here who have resin figures/statues.  I tend to avoid those, as my collection is at the mercy of children (being kept at my parent's house, quite far from where I live and work).

I hope Vitae finds financial success in their initial figures, so that Suchomimus would be released soon.  And to Sucho-Matty-mus, I hope you find a suchomimus suitable for your project.

Sucho-Matty-mus

Quote from: Huskies on August 17, 2018, 05:26:29 PM

Galileo used to have resin suchomimus in 1/35 scale. I bought one from him, it is very nice model but for mine the fitting isn't very good.

I will probably just end up buying it off Shapeways. Just wish they had the 1/35 scale over the 1/72, but oh well.

Sucho-Matty-mus

Quote from: ITdactyl on August 18, 2018, 12:24:15 AM
RobinGoodfellow beat me to the reply (heh, time zones).  Yeah, I'm only referring to Galileo's shapeways figures in my previous post.  I don't have his resin figures - and I have read the reviews/reaction posts from the old dinotoyforum so I was aware of what OP was talking about.  I hope his business has improved on those growing pains.

I do envy the members here who have resin figures/statues.  I tend to avoid those, as my collection is at the mercy of children (being kept at my parent's house, quite far from where I live and work).

I hope Vitae finds financial success in their initial figures, so that Suchomimus would be released soon.  And to Sucho-Matty-mus, I hope you find a suchomimus suitable for your project.

thank you! I am keeping an eye out for when Vitae releases the figure. I am already planning on buying it as soon as it is released. I work with model warships in 1/700 so this would be a little different than I am used to. Mainly when it comes to the Diorama if I make one for it.

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.