News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Dinosaur Replicas - now on Youtube

Started by Dinoreplicas, August 13, 2018, 06:40:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dinoreplicas

My fledgling Youtube channel

Figured it was about time to give Youtube a go
This is my first attempt at a promo but hey you've got to start somewhere!

Dinosaur Replicas - The Movie

Lizerd

If you wonder where I'm active now, you can find me here- http://www.lustria-online.com/members/lizerd.17772/
It's been a good run here

Brocc21

They look good but the music might be a bit to dramatic though. Music can go along way with people.
"Boy do I hate being right all the time."

Dinoreplicas

Quote from: Lizerd on August 13, 2018, 08:52:42 PMThose look really cool! Good job!

Thanks, I'm hoping to start working on a vid for my new Tyrannosaurus models soon.

Quote from: Brocc21 on August 13, 2018, 11:28:46 PMThey look good but the music might be a bit to dramatic though. Music can go along way with people.

That's OK I can be a bit dramatic as well, at least that's what I've been told ;D

Lizerd

I look forward to your T.rex  :D you make nice models
If you wonder where I'm active now, you can find me here- http://www.lustria-online.com/members/lizerd.17772/

Syndicate Bias

A Carcharodontosaurus or Giganotosaurus skull would be nice  ^-^

Dinoreplicas

Quote from: Syndicate Bias on August 17, 2018, 10:25:39 PMA Carcharodontosaurus or Giganotosaurus skull would be nice  ^-^

I'm hoping to do some life reconstructions next, just as a break from making skulls and bones.
There's still loads of skulls I want to model though. Dinosaur heads are just too pretty and my next skull will probably be Styracosaurus.

Yours request is certainly tempting though, Carcharodontosaurs are really nice but somewhat fragmentary. Not sure about recent finds but I think I'd have to break my (fairly informal) rule of only reconstructing completely known skulls.

So the modelling choices would be something like this-
  • Giga or Charch skull cobbled from multiple partial specimens with missing parts from relatives.
  • Closely related Acrocanthosaurus which has 1 good skull (NCSM 14345).
Now you've put the idea in my head I'd like to go with one of these options for a future model, it's on my to-do list.

Lizerd

How about doing a life restoration of a Tarbosaurus or Protoceratops? Why? Because I like them :D also they deserve more attention.

IrritatorRaji

Your work is absolutely beautiful! Definitely museum quality models here :))

Dinoreplicas

Quote from: Lizerd on August 24, 2018, 02:21:05 PMHow about doing a life restoration of a Tarbosaurus or Protoceratops? Why? Because I like them :D also they deserve more attention.
I'm already got something in mind but it won't be happening for a while (other stuff to do first).
You never know you might just aprove :)

Quote from: IrritatorRaji on August 24, 2018, 02:52:21 PMYour work is absolutely beautiful! Definitely museum quality models here :))
Thanks! :)