News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Late Safari 2022 announcement?

Started by Tecovas, December 12, 2021, 01:24:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tecovas

Can anyone tell me why safari has yet to announce their 2022 figures? In the past I remember them doing this as early as October and November. I wondered if anyone knew something I didn't about it.

suspsy

Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Thialfi

Quote from: Shane on December 08, 2021, 02:24:19 PM
Hey guys,

I know everyone is eagerly awaiting new product annoucements and might be "let down" by yet another sale.

But please keep in mind, it IS the holiday shopping season and the end of the year, and many companies are focused on getting the best deals for their customers.

Just please trust me that new products are coming, and there are discussions taking place about the best way to reveal what is in the works to fans.

Despite its footprint in the dino/animal figurine world, Safari is still a small company, so I would just ask that you guys be patient and keep that in mind.

SidB

I'm hoping that Safari just blows us away with their 2022 releases. PNSO is revving up the engines with their oncoming torrent of gems, so some sort of competition for our $s would be good, though I must say that I'm also impressed by CollectA too.

Dinoxels

Shane has already commented on this as someone has already quoted them.
Most (if not all) Rebor figures are mid

GojiraGuy1954

I'm banking on a disappointing year for Safari again
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

SenSx

Quote from: GojiraGuy1954 on December 13, 2021, 07:21:40 AM
I'm banking on a disappointing year for Safari again

I was pleased with their Baryonyx, finally one with a sculpt I realy enjoy, my favorite on the market.
I just find the natural paint job a bit dull, but that's ok.

Shonisaurus

What I do not understand what happens to the Safari toy brand regardless of its reassuring statement. Years ago, it was the first company to reveal its figures, it did so in September at the latest in October.

Jose S.M.

I personally prefer to keep my expectations low for this. Last year I liked 2/3 of their new dinosaur so it wasn't a disappointment. I would love more and more variety this year but won't keep my hopes high.

Python

I have the Baryonyx and I'm still after the Daspletosaurus, but I'm not in the market for another Spinosaurus after I got the Schleich and PNSO ones. I'm hoping for something good, and reveals may come in the new year.

STS Forum already has a thread for 2022

https://sts-forum.forumieren.de/t23585-safari-ltd-new-for-2022

Shane

Quote from: Python on December 15, 2021, 12:10:40 AM
I have the Baryonyx and I'm still after the Daspletosaurus, but I'm not in the market for another Spinosaurus after I got the Schleich and PNSO ones. I'm hoping for something good, and reveals may come in the new year.

STS Forum already has a thread for 2022

https://sts-forum.forumieren.de/t23585-safari-ltd-new-for-2022

That STS thread seems to have a fair share of trolls who are taking advantage of peoples' anticipation for new toys.

ZoPteryx

I'd just like to echo what S @Shane said regarding Safari not being in trouble.  I spoke with a rep a few months ago while placing an order for my shop and they assured me Safari was actually doing very well despite production difficulties, they're simply having trouble getting enough product in fast enough to meet demand.

My guess is they want to make sure they have sufficient stock of the 2022 products in their US warehouses before they advertise them.  As to when that will be I have no idea, but they're certainly cutting it close if they wanted them available in time for the holidays.

Fembrogon

I doubt they're aiming for availability by Christmas, since some of their promotional emails have specifically warned customers about getting orders in time for shipping. I wouldn't be surprised if we don't get announcements/reveals until 2022 proper.

Gwangi

If they were wanting them available for the holidays they're already too late. I don't think that's a factor.

Duck

I wonder if we will get the announcements before the new year, even. :'(
He who dwells in pond

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Quote from: Duck on December 19, 2021, 04:50:15 AM
I wonder if we will get the announcements before the new year, even. :'(
I thought it was already said they would be doing the 2022 reveals until we're already in 2022 anyway
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.