News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Nanmu Studio - new for 2019

Started by Loon, December 28, 2018, 02:03:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: Shonisaurus on November 24, 2019, 09:20:47 PM
By the way Aliexpress can sell these figures for less than 20 euros less each, (it is my hope). If someone from the DTF can pass a link in the event that Aliexpress sells said spinosaurus it would be appreciated as Robin once passed that magnificent link of the carnotaurus and then I investigated and the sinoceratops cost about 30 euros less on Aliexpres (buying the two figures ) than on eBay whose prices were much higher.

Nanmu Spinosaurus pre-order on Aliexpress:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000396527836.html?spm=a2g0o.productlist.0.0.5edc35f7ISxKQz&algo_pvid=bf4bc32b-d693-44ff-88d0-234f1d334bb3&algo_expid=bf4bc32b-d693-44ff-88d0-234f1d334bb3-2&btsid=5708c7ee-ac1b-407b-8851-f9df6f0f8a2a&ws_ab_test=searchweb0_0,searchweb201602_10,searchweb201603_52

:)

Shonisaurus

Thanks for the information Robin.  :)

Loon

That Mosasaurus is beautiful. I'm starting to become a Nanmu addict. These are definitely the best Jurassic-"inspired" figures ever.

Now, how long until we get some Battle at Big Rock figures from them?

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Loon on December 01, 2019, 12:06:53 AM
That Mosasaurus is beautiful. I'm starting to become a Nanmu addict. These are definitely the best Jurassic-"inspired" figures ever.

Now, how long until we get some Battle at Big Rock figures from them?

Well they are doing an Allosaurus...but it's just sorta correct.

Loon

avatar_Blade-of-the-Moon @Blade-of-the-Moon I didn't know that. Just looked it up and...it doesn't really look like either design. Oh well, atleast it doesn't come with a human I want.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Loon on December 01, 2019, 01:39:43 AM
avatar_Blade-of-the-Moon @Blade-of-the-Moon I didn't know that. Just looked it up and...it doesn't really look like either design. Oh well, atleast it doesn't come with a human I want.

does it come with one at all?  i mean its alright but really they should have copied one or the other.

Loon

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on December 01, 2019, 03:24:46 AM
does it come with one at all?  i mean its alright but really they should have copied one or the other.

It comes with Claire from when she's luring out the Tyrannosaurus. Nothing against Claire, but it's not a figure I'd a whole model for. And yeah, but it's still a nice Allosaurus.

Blade-of-the-Moon

crap. I'm gonna need her to go with the Rex.  I think they do sell the people separate for 3.99? I'm pretty sure I saw that option somewhere.

Loon

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on December 01, 2019, 05:08:00 AM
crap. I'm gonna need her to go with the Rex.  I think they do sell the people separate for 3.99? I'm pretty sure I saw that option somewhere.

That would be great, I really don't wanna buy the hybrids just to get those JP figurines.

Shadowknight1

I just don't get it.  Between this one and the W-Dragon, why are these companies making Allosaurus figures that only "BALANCE" on one leg?  Balance in quotes because the other pictures I think I've seen of Nanmu's it's leaning pretty damn hard to the right...
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Shadowknight1 on December 01, 2019, 04:51:18 PM
I just don't get it.  Between this one and the W-Dragon, why are these companies making Allosaurus figures that only "BALANCE" on one leg?  Balance in quotes because the other pictures I think I've seen of Nanmu's it's leaning pretty damn hard to the right...

I kinda blame David Krentz for that one, his Gorgosaurus Judith model is very popular, a way of adding style and motion to an animal viewed as heavy and awkward.   W-Dragon I guess did it because an All is lighter built than a T-Rex? Nanmu i suppose is just following suit?

Shonisaurus

From what I have read on web pages referring to Nanmu's allosaurus, it will be its resin leg and I understand that it is logical a foot of PVC or other plastic material would be ineffective when keeping that theropod in one leg.

Shadowknight1

Quote from: Shonisaurus on December 01, 2019, 07:50:42 PM
From what I have read on web pages referring to Nanmu's allosaurus, it will be its resin leg and I understand that it is logical a foot of PVC or other plastic material would be ineffective when keeping that theropod in one leg.
Sorry, but I still don't see that lasting.  Unless the entire leg is resin, eventually in will bend under the weight of the figure just because of the poor posture.
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

Blade-of-the-Moon

Received notice yesterday that my Spinosaurus had shipped.  They noted though :
QuoteDear customer,
Sorry to make you waiting a long time.
As the package exceeded the size limit, we sent it by China Post.

I'm not sure that's any different than how any others have been sent. Sounds like maybe it will be here at the end of January?

Jetoar

[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.