News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Lego - new for 2019

Started by Halichoeres, December 07, 2018, 10:50:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

suspsy

Jurassic Park: T. rex Rampage has officially been revealed! $300 Canadian is painful, but I reckon I have to get this set. It'll be my equivalent of the Millenium Falcon.

https://brickset.com/article/44213/huge-jurassic-park-set-to-launch-next-week

The T. rex looks absolutely fabulous, easily the best dinosaur LEGO has ever done. And check out all the lovely details inside the gateway!

More images can be found here:
https://brickset.com/sets/75936-1?more-images
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

MLMjp

I want it.
But at 250$....No thank you.

DerbesSchuhwerk

suspsy

Quote from: DerbesSchuhwerk on June 11, 2019, 07:09:59 PM
It has accurate wrists!

Gotta love ball joints!

And yes, it's pricey, but given that it contains more than 3000 pieces, that's par for the course with LEGO.

Halichoeres

Added to first page. This isn't really up my alley for a variety of reasons, but it's a beautiful set, I have to say. The little niches in the back of the gate with callbacks to various scenes are the kind of loving touches that make these sets worth it.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

suspsy

Quote from: Halichoeres on June 15, 2019, 04:08:55 PM
Added to first page. This isn't really up my alley for a variety of reasons, but it's a beautiful set, I have to say. The little niches in the back of the gate with callbacks to various scenes are the kind of loving touches that make these sets worth it.

Yeah, that's a brilliant touch. If I do end up getting the set, I think I may have to make it a two-parter: one for the T. rex and one for the gate. 

suspsy

Lego has posted a brief video teaser of the upcoming dinosaur skeletons set on their Facebook page. Looks like there will indeed be a Tyrannosaurus rex included in it.

https://www.facebook.com/216964198317786/posts/2881881858492660?sfns=mo

Halichoeres

Considering that Tyrannosaurus is synonymous with dinosaurs among people who don't know anything about dinosaurs, it feels like the designer must have made the conscious choice not to include it. So I'm bummed to see it included and I think I'll skip this set as a result.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

suspsy

Lego probably figured that including a T. rex would give the set greater appeal, and thus a greater profit for them.

Me, I hope that the Stegosaurus and Plesiosaurus skeletons are still included. Also curious about the price tag.

Oh, and for those who don't do Facebook, here's a link with an image:

https://brickset.com/article/46263/ideas-set-reveal-imminent

suspsy

Wow, that was a fast reveal. And I'm afraid some people are going to be disappointed. I know I am. I like the T. rex and Triceratops, but I was really looking forward to the Stegosaurus, Plesiosaurus, and Brachiosaurus that were in the original design.

Still, it is an impressive-looking build!

https://brickset.com/article/46277/dinosaur-fossils-unearthed!#.XacUjJEcDt4.facebook

suspsy

Halichoeres

The Lego House Dinosaurs exclusive set (40366) is going to be available later this year from the UK web site (not the US one, unfortunately). Still, that makes it a lot more accessible than having to go to Denmark.

Halichoeres

Very belatedly, I've added the following Ideas set to the first post:

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.