News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Diorama contest calendar idea

Started by DinoToyForum, August 23, 2015, 11:20:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DinoToyForum

Would anyone be interested in an official dinotoyforum calendar featuring the top 12 dinosaur diorama contest entries? This was suggested a while ago (I can't recall by whom) and more recently by Arul. I like the idea so I'm exploring the possibilities and seeking expressions of interest. I'd obviously have to ask permission from the photographers and contest sponsors if this goes ahead.

The base price for calendars on RedBubble is $20 plus shipping. The marked up retail price would be up to me, let's say 20%, bringing the price to $24 plus shipping. Let's say $30 total, of which the dinotoyforum would make $4. Certainly not a get rich quick scheme. Plus, I'm not sure many of us would be willing to spend $30 on a calendar, it seems steep to me.

What do you think? 1. Are you interested, and 2. would you pay $30 (or more, or less)?

stargatedalek

I would be interested, but I'm not so sure about $30 (it could end up being even steeper for those outside of the "standard" shipping regions).

It would be decidedly less satisfying to own, but have you considered a downloadable calendar to cut costs? Or perhaps both? I don't know much about getting your program up on something like an app retailer or Steam so I'm sorry I can't be of any use.

Arul

Emm what is the size for $20 ? A3 ?

Kayakasaurus

iPhoto calendars are the same price, Staples (the store) is a little cheaper, but these are all designed for the production quantity of 1. there has to be something out their for a larger scale operation like a small business. If so, you may want to consider a Kickstarter campaign where members could raise funds to order in bulk, with the backing reward being a calendar. Essentially preordering so a bulk order can be afforded
Protocasts Dinosaur Models http://youtube.com/c/kayakasaurus

stargatedalek

The problem with a Kickstarter is that if it fails the DTF probably doesn't have the funds to both pay the Kickstarter fees and give refunds, so its either gotta be a risk for the DTF or a risk for those donating.

LophoLeeVT

check out MY NEW YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!Blueproduction dino action!!! Dont forget to subscribe for more stuff!!!!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLWQjvkq8qSyXALeEkHFeqw

jooooo

Depends on the pictures that go in it.

irimali

VistaPrint calendars start at $16, so a $4 markup would bring it to an even $20.  Although, a free membership is supposed to save you 25% on printing so you could make them for a bit less still.

DinoToyForum

...plus shipping.

The only realistic way to do this, given my lack of time, is via Redbubble/CafePress/Vistaprint, and the final all-inclusive price would be $25-$30. I'll arrange it if there is still a demand, but my impression is that there's not enough interest at this price.

Very best,
Adam

Arul

I love Stars idea, to selling the downloable file and then we can print it by ourself if we want to. At least we can get the design of the calender in soft file. A calender with dinosaur diorama picture with collecta and DTF logo in each diorama, how cool is that  ;D

Kayakasaurus

I found a couple companies where you can order calendars for $5 a piece, you just need to order in bulk, which means putting down a couple hundred. Perhaps you could open a poll to see how many members would buy a calendar (probably need at least 50) then you could see how big an order you could afford if everyone preorders to pay for the bulk order.
Protocasts Dinosaur Models http://youtube.com/c/kayakasaurus

DinoToyForum

Quote from: Kayakasaurus on October 12, 2015, 05:32:46 PM
I found a couple companies where you can order calendars for $5 a piece, you just need to order in bulk, which means putting down a couple hundred. Perhaps you could open a poll to see how many members would buy a calendar (probably need at least 50) then you could see how big an order you could afford if everyone preorders to pay for the bulk order.

Thanks for looking into it, but sounds like it could be work (if only I had the time) and a bit risky. An expression of interest is not a guaranteed sale and I don't think there would be enough people interested.

A downloadable file could work but I don't have time to design it.

Arul

Is that okay if i  try to ask my friend for the calender design ? He work in design graphic.  i will contact dr.admin if my friend can do that :)

DinoToyForum

I'm not going to have the time to organise this and I don't think the demand is there, but you can make a calendar for your own personal use if you like :) Can't sell it without permission from all the participants and sponsors.

Arul

Quote from: dinotoyforum on October 21, 2015, 03:00:48 PM
I'm not going to have the time to organise this and I don't think the demand is there, but you can make a calendar for your own personal use if you like :) Can't sell it without permission from all the participants and sponsors.

Ohh okay dr.admin thank you for your permisson  :D thats how my idea start that time first i want to make it for my own personal use, but then i wanna know if some people maybe have the same think so i share my opinion hehehe again thank you :)

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.