News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

A simple diorama.

Started by Mesozoican, October 12, 2013, 10:43:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DinoToyForum

The picture isn't working because the url you are linking to (http://http/www.tumblr/blog/croaker-5-17/A simple diorama) is not an image. Actually, it isn't valid at all. Let me know if you need a hand?

Edit - I found your tumblr blog here, so people can visit to see your artwork: http://croaker-5-17.tumblr.com/

I looked through your site, and found the url for the image called A simple Diorama. It looks like this:
http://24.media.tumblr.com/b02d278381cb193e6bef0338d76c0cd3/tumblr_mr9vkkSKsb1semfcwo1_1280.jpg

If you wrap that url in the img tags, it should show up in the forum post, thusly:

Hope this helps :)

Mesozoican

Thank you very much Adam for posting that pic for me and linking to my Tumblr account. But, I almost never post anything to Tumblr anymore. For most of the past more than two months now I've been posting my collection pics on CollectorsQuest.com under the profile name of HoarderX since it seemed too hard to post here. Would you know what I would have to type out in order to post anything from there to here? Please send me an e-mail showing me just exactly what I would have to type and where to put the image title? Or just link to my profile there so people can see my stuff there. You say that the DinoToy blog isn't an image host but, it sure does play host to a lot of images though now doesn't it. Seems to be at least a major focus of the blog. I would hope an admin of such a blog would want the posting system of such to be as easy and understandable as possible. I did not appreciate the tone you took with me in that last e-mail back in September. Or, being ignored when I asked what a URL was because, I was completely serious about that! As I said back then, I had asked someone long before what one was but, had long since forgotten. And, I never really needed to know before anyway. Also as I said back then. We've all had too much technology thrust upon us in a kind of short amount of time and not all of us have been able to keep up. There's no standardization of the technology either and, we're all expected to know how everything works in all its variants! I still stand by my original criticism of the blog posting system as, it was just and say the blog needs something easier. Just look at all that text Im expected to type in to get something from Tumblr to here. And, I have no idea were I insert a name for an image! You say wrap the URL in the image but, it looks more like I could wrap an image in the URL and, strangle it! Ok. Thats "cheeky" as you'd say. But, sorry Im still not clear about what to do. If it would be easier to post from PhotoBucket to here then, fine I'll go to the trouble of uploading everything I've already posted to DeviantArt, Tumblr and, now CollectorsQuest in order to finally put my own pics here on my own. Just please show me an easy to understand way to do it. But, Im sure the other bog users would like it if the blog had a posting system as easy to use as for those other sites I mentioned. Just ask them sometime. But, I will shut up about the issue forevermore if you will somehow show me a quick and easy way and, easy to understand way to post to the site using the system you already have in place. Thank you for all your help. Everyone! Go to [email protected] and check out my silly psuedo diorama "An Eryops Nightmare!" You may laugh your ass off.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.