You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

"Donald's Dino-Bash!" - Disney's Animal Kingdom

Started by Loon, December 28, 2018, 02:21:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Loon

Earlier this year, the "eh" DinoLand, USA at  Disney's Animal Kingdom started hosting a show called "Donald's Dino-Bash", that, according to the Disney Parks Blog, "celebrates Donald Duck's discovery that his bird ancestors were actually dinosaurs."

So, it's pretty cool to see the dino-bird connection getting a little party at Disney World.

https://youtu.be/rlOoHdQtRIE

I've never been to Disney World, but apparently characters like Donald and Daisy are going to be Mainstays of DinoLand now, at least til it's destroyed in the near future, I'm sure.

Unfortunately, this cool Dino guy doesn't seem to have gotten the costume character treatment.

Doug Watson

Quote from: Loon on December 28, 2018, 02:21:46 AM

I've never been to Disney World, but apparently characters like Donald and Daisy are going to be Mainstays of DinoLand now, at least til it's destroyed in the near future, I'm sure.

The Dino Bash may be new but Donald (and Daisy) have been the main and very prominent characters at Dinoland since it opened in 1998. In fact the main Restaurant which was there at the opening is the Restaurantosaurus and used to be called Donald's Restaurantosaurus and played up the ancestral connection between Donald and dinosaurs. The inside of the restaurant is decorated with casts of actual fossils. They used to do character meals there but moved those to Tuskers in 2008 but Donald remained the main character in the park.
We were there in 1998 when it opened and they had a fairly large display of mounted dinosaur and extinct reptile cast skeletons in a museum like setting called the Dinosaur Jubilee plus they had a Fossil Prep Lab where they were working on fossil parts of Sue the T rex. Both of those closed in 2000 but a mounted cast of Sue was erected and still stands in front of the Countdown to Extinction ride which was renamed the Dinosaur Ride when that movie came out. There are also casts of life size dinosaur sculptures by noted contemporary paleo artists spread out around the exterior landscaping at the ride and on a trail called the Cretaceous trail that highlights living representatives of cretaceous plants. We were just there in November and I noticed they have recently added several new display cases with fossil casts and interpretive text in the interior queue for the ride, there already were some fossil displays as well as a small Eocene diorama that features a Presbyornis model. There is also an outside dino dig for kids where they can unearth fossil casts of dinosaurs and prehistoric mammals.
We didn't pay any attention to the Dino Bash since our daughter is 26 now but it just dawned on me they probably have that to celebrate the 20th anniversary of the park.

Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews)

Wow, that's cool! It'll be interesting to see what the actual content of the party is like.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.