News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Wal Mart reissue soundwave is out there along with tapes !!!

Started by amargasaurus cazaui, August 10, 2019, 01:47:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

amargasaurus cazaui

https://calvinscanadiancaveofcool.blogspot.com/2019/01/soundwave-g1-re-issue-coming-to-walmart.html

They are selling fast......nice reissue of the generation one toy, too. Cards are available of ....Rumble and Ravage, and Frenzy and Lazerbeak.

Since I know a few of you are transformers people.....a free Terra figure for anyone who catches on to why the tape door for this one is raised and has external hinges? Ready set go Suspsy!
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

CityRaptor

It's because the re-issue is based on the running change made to the Takara version of the original toy.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

amargasaurus cazaui

Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

suspsy

I already have the reissue G1 Soundwave from maybe a decade or so back, along with Laserbeak and Ravage. Crazy how much these items are being sold for now. Walmart was initially selling the trailer-less G1 Optimus Prime for something like $70 Canadian until they put it on clearance for $40. Whereas the reissue Prime that did come with the trailer back in . . . around 2004, I think, retailed for $50 Canadian.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

CityRaptor

Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on August 10, 2019, 02:50:56 PM
But does it serve a purpose

Probably allows to open the door easier?Or could be a change for easier production. Anyways, it would be retooled again for Soundblaster. As for why the Takara version is used? Probably because Hasbro is pretty careless when it comes to molds. 
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

amargasaurus cazaui

This shows how the original version of Sondblaster looked vs the original version of soundwave...
Notice for instance the molding of the buttons and hinge placements as well as the raised vs flat version of the door.This suggests the reissue utilized soundblasters door as well as body moulding, or in other words is likely to hold two cassettes , rather than one, if I am seeing it right.

https://www.tfu.info/1987/Destron/Soundblaster/soundblaster.htm
https://www.tfu.info/1984/Decepticon/Soundwave/soundwave.htm

amargasaurus cazaui

Yes the reissues are expensive I suspect because they are licensed toys that require payment of royalties for units sold Suspsy.  The reissues in the past for me lacked a box that resembled the original, and even this one has a clear plastic insert rather than the foam tray.
   For me it was a rough choice to invest in this reissue as I have an original gen 1 model, pre-rub sign, decals unapplied, all weapons still on the tree, in the box. I pulled the trigger on it, because I feel its a pretty nice model, I like the almost eighties looks of the package, and I feel the figure will be selling for at least triple cost, in a few months if I decide to part with it. I also like the look of the raised door, absent in the original.

I remember when wal mart reissued starscream about a year ago or less, we got in eight or so of them...gone in three days and no restock ever forthcoming. Whoosh they were gone and shot up in price. I bought one because while it was a nice reissue, it came with a small gun version of megatron and a remolded fist that allowed Starscream to hold it which was such a neat gimmick for me I bought one, although again I still have the orginal, in the bubble, generation one, with non applied decals and bagged and sprued weapons etc.

BrightYellowTriceratops

Soundwave was probably my favorite TF toy as a kid. I have an original, loose complete Soundwave but I still bought the new reissue. My original has such loose hip joints and it's nice to have one that doesn't lean forward. Some of the darned stickers just don't want to stay stuck in place, though (I had the same issue with reissue Insecticon stickers). I also picked up the Frenzy/Laserbeak pack. I don't have the originals so I'm glad to add them to the collection. Haven't seen the Rumble/Ravage pack yet, though. I want that one too and hope I haven't missed out on it.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.