You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

The Dino King - Nature's Greatest Prehistoric predator

Started by DinoToyForum, August 23, 2012, 07:01:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DinoToyForum

I stumbled across a mysterious DVD in my local supermarket called 'The Dino King - Nature's Greatest Prehistoric predator.'  After a bit of research I discovered that the movie is also known as 'SPECKLES THE TARBOSAURUS' and was already discussed on the forum; here is the thread from the archive: http://dinotoyforum.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=general&action=display&thread=4818

Anyway, it is now being distributed in the UK under the apparently new name (e.g. here on Amazon.co.uk), so I thought I would reboot the topic and ask, has anyone seen it? or am I going to have to nip back to the supermarket and find out for myself?

Balaur

Quote from: dinotoyforum on August 23, 2012, 07:01:02 PM

I stumbled across a mysterious DVD in my local supermarket called 'The Dino King - Nature's Greatest Prehistoric predator.'  After a bit of research I discovered that the movie is also known as 'SPECKLES THE TARBOSAURUS' and was already discussed on the forum; here is the thread from the archive: http://dinotoyforum.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=general&action=display&thread=4818

Anyway, it is now being distributed in the UK under the apparently new name (e.g. here on Amazon.co.uk), so I thought I would reboot the topic and ask, has anyone seen it? or am I going to have to nip back to the supermarket and find out for myself?

I haven't seen it, but it doesn't look like a good documentary to me. I've seen the trailer, and while the baby Tarbosaurus looks cute, it looks unrealistic. It has Tarbosaurus fighting Tyrannosaurus 80 million years ago, in Korea. Wait, did I say that correctly? Yes, I did. :O

Chasmosaur

Haven't seen Speckles, but now I want to.

I just came across the original Korean version "Koreanosaurus" today and watching it right now. It's a mix between Jurassic Park looking dinos and scenes reminiscent of The Land Before Time. When that sauropod turned around, it looked like it was Littlefoot's mother.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.