You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Triassic marine reptile "odd" adaptation

Started by sauroid, January 24, 2019, 04:54:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sauroid

Early Triassic marine reptile representing the oldest record of unusually small eyes in reptiles indicating non-visual prey detection

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41598-018-37754-6?fbclid=IwAR2i9rZ8VD-HRxvsiW-RYQh_F-VTaQ6F9RSB46EaHo1GnqXmWCx2ouyLcfU
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

DinoToyForum

Beautiful, fascinating discovery. I love hupehsuchians but what the hell are they!? :o Ichthyosaur buddies, it seems: https://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0102361

Neosodon

Interesting they compared it to a platypus. Maybe it used electroreception.

"3,000 km to the south, the massive comet crashes into Earth. The light from the impact fades in silence. Then the shock waves arrive. Next comes the blast front. Finally a rain of molten rock starts to fall out of the darkening sky - this is the end of the age of the dinosaurs. The Comet struck the Gulf of Mexico with the force of 10 billion Hiroshima bombs. And with the catastrophic climate changes that followed 65% of all life died out. It took millions of years for the earth to recover but when it did the giant dinosaurs were gone - never to return." - WWD

Halichoeres

A new contender for the goofiest head among tetrapods. Caseids are envious.

In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

suspsy

Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Jose S.M.

Very weird and interesting creatures, from a group I wasn't familiar with.  Like suspsy said, it would be nice to have a figure of such an odd looking animal.

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Fascinating animal, would make for a great figure  ;)
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

alexeratops

like a bantha!

stargatedalek

Skull looks eerily like a platypus, I can't help wonder if it also had a beak.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.