You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Adynomosaurus, the "weak shoulder lizard"

Started by Logo7, January 28, 2019, 01:18:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Logo7

A new lambeosaurid hadrosaur from the Late Cretaceous of Spain, with the name Adynomosaurus arcanus ("Secret weak shoulder lizard") joins the family. The name refers to the hadrosaur's unexpanded shoulder blade and the fact that taxonomically informative specimens of hadrosaurs from the region it was found in are very elusive. Here is a reconstruction (the only one I could find) from DeviantArt user cisiopurple. Images of the specimens used to describe the species are in the paper itself, but, unfortunately, I can't seem to get large image files of the bones to attach to this post. If anyone can reply with an image of them, I would be very grateful.

Paper (abstract only): https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0195667118303227

Gothmog the Baryonyx

It is an interesting dinosaur, and as a fan of cisiopurple's dinosaur project to do art for every non-avian dinosaur (except Archaeopteryx), I would like to comment, I don't know of any images of the original fossils.
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Halichoeres

I have the pdf, if you'd like a copy just pm me your email address. The holotype is a scapula, and the other material is part of a left dentary (lower jaw), a handful of vertebrae including most of the sacrum, a sternum, a minority of a forelimb, a decent chunk of a hindlimb, and about half of a foot.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.