News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

My Papo collection, by Juju

Started by juju1305, July 31, 2012, 10:31:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

juju1305

hello,

here is my Papo collection.

The styracosaurus and pachyrhinosaurus. Truly two of the best figures Papo has produced so far. Very few flaws compared to the others.

Stegosaurus and allosaurus. The stegosaurus looks really cool but has anatomical flaws. The allosaurus is a real badass figure, imo the best of all Papo figures.

Very nice pachycephalosaurus and basket-ball playing oviraptor. The oviraptor is a perfectly executed epic fail. I really wish they would redesign this figure with up-to-date data about this animal.

Really loveable duo of junior rexes and a cool colorful dodo.

For some reason, I struggle with some of the Papo figures. They are wonderfully crafted, they look alive, but they are very weak from a scientific point of view. Of course, Papo does not have any partnership with any natural history museum, but heck, they should really get scientific guidance and support. They would end up miles away in front of their competition in that price range. I'm looking forward to their brachiosaurus. I'm struggling with the T-rexes, especially the two squatting ones, I might get the running one even though it fits more into the "dragon" category than the dinosaur one. Their marine reptiles are terrible. Their mammals are quite good though.

Takama

I just see the Papo line as Prehistoric Fantasy figures.

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Takama on August 16, 2012, 04:25:51 AM
I personally see them as pop culture depictions/movie monster type creatures :P

Takama

Quote from: tyrantqueen on August 16, 2012, 04:28:14 AM
Quote from: Takama on August 16, 2012, 04:25:51 AM
I personally see them as pop culture depictions/movie monster type creatures :P

same here to actually, however, when i said prehistoric Fantasy, I was thinking of an Epic Fantasy film, like a barbarian finaly slaughtering a T-Rex after a long struggle.

good photos Juju

juju1305

I finally got myself to buy the new Papo T-rex. I love this figure. It's terribly inaccurate, littered with anatomical flaws, but so well done. Again, if Papo gets a paleontologist on their team or partner with a museum, their figures would be miles ahead of the pack. Hopefully at some point they will.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.