News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Meet Moros!

Started by suspsy, February 21, 2019, 04:35:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

suspsy

Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

MLMjp

"No hay tyranosauroideos en la costa"

In Spain we have an expression that says "No hay moros en la costa", which means "there is no one to be seen" referring to the absence of an enemy.

UtahraptorFan

With all the hate bestowed upon the names, Dynamoterror and Thanos, here at DTF, I honestly came wondering if anybody had expressed opinions either way about the name. In another thread, I had expressed an opinion that, in this case, at least Zanno and the rest of the team didn't go with something like, "Cedrorotyrannus" (tyrant of Cedar Mountain).

And actually, it's the oldest known *Cretaceous North American tyranosauroid. There is also Stokesosaurus from the Morrison Formation.
Guide to whether I use suffixes in clade references:
-If it has the unaltered name of a member genus, even a nomen dubium, include it. Examples: Tyrannosaurid, Titanosaurian
-If it has the name of a genus + sauria, leave it off. Examples: Ornithomimosaur, Oviraptorosaur.
-If it's not named for a genus, leave it off. Examples: Genasaur, Gravisaur.
-Exceptions to the 3rd: Maniraptoran, Saur-/Ornithischian

Tyto_Theropod

Quote from: UtahraptorFan on February 21, 2019, 07:38:56 PM
With all the hate bestowed upon the names, Dynamoterror and Thanos, here at DTF, I honestly came wondering if anybody had expressed opinions either way about the name. In another thread, I had expressed an opinion that, in this case, at least Zanno and the rest of the team didn't go with something like, "Cedrorotyrannus" (tyrant of Cedar Mountain).

And actually, it's the oldest known *Cretaceous North American tyranosauroid. There is also Stokesosaurus from the Morrison Formation.

Just wait till they really run out of ideas and we start getting names like Fred and Bob...  ;)
UPDATE - Where've I been, my other hobbies, and how to navigate my Flickr:
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9277.msg280559#msg280559
______________________________________________________________________________________
Flickr for crafts and models: https://www.flickr.com/photos/162561992@N05/
Flickr for wildlife photos: Link to be added
Twitter: @MaudScientist

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.