News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

mmfrankford's custom paints and models..

Started by mmfrankford, September 03, 2012, 03:31:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mmfrankford

Thought it was about time I showed some 3D paintings I've done.  :)

Krentz Afrovenator

Krentz Styracosaurus

A local hobby store had this incomplete toob for $4.00. I kept and repainted the mammals. (I'm thinking of selling these as I don't collect mammals)

Blade-of-the-Moon

Nice job on the Krentz pieces..the Styrac has me thinking of a military vehicle..such an awesome war machine. Tyrannosaurs? Bring em' on ! ;D

Jetoar

I agreed. You have done a good work. I like your painted figures. Styracosaurus are cool and i like the strips of your Afrovenator.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

tyrantqueen

I like the Afro, the colours are very pleasing :)

Gryphoceratops

Wow awesome job on those!  I'd love to see more krentz figures by you!

brontodocus

Very nice! :) Actually, I like your repaints of the Prehistoric Life Toob figures even a little more, especially the Megatherium. 8)

Oh Lord, won't you buy me a T-rex by Krentz? My friends all have Sideshow, I must make amends.

Himmapaan

mmfrankford

The very adorable Krentz chubby allosaurus!

tyrantqueen

That Allo is gorgeous. Just curious, if you're using acrylics, what brand is it? 8)

mmfrankford

Thanks. :) I use Vallejo model color acrylics.

Blade-of-the-Moon

I may die from cuteness..lol  He looks GREAT Melissa ! ;D

Jetoar

You have used  Vallejo. i am interesting because I bougth a unpainted figure of resin and I hink that Vallejo is better than Citadel  for this cause ^-^. Wath is your point of view?.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Jetoar on September 09, 2012, 11:52:08 AM
You have used  Vallejo. i am interesting because I bougth a unpainted figure of resin and I hink that Vallejo is better than Citadel  for this cause ^-^. Wath is your point of view?.
I know you were talking to mmfrankford, but if I may, I also use Vallejo acrylics. I like them a lot, the paints themselves are very highly pigmented and you can get TONS of colours (the range is about 300+ or so) The dropper bottles are also very user-friendly :)

Check em out, I think you'll like them.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.