You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Meet Convolosaurus, the Proctor Lake hypsilophodont

Started by Logo7, March 14, 2019, 12:41:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Logo7

The unnamed "Proctor Lake hypsilophodont" has been determined to be a new genus and has finally been given a name, Convolosaurus marri ("Marr's flocking lizard"). The genus name originates from the discovery of a large group of juvenile specimens of the genus, while the species name originates from Dr. Ray H. Marr, who has produced videos for the Society of Vertebrate Paleontology website. Twenty-nine individuals of the new genus have been discovered, with these remains being found in the Twin Mountains Formation nearby Proctor Lake in Comanche County, Texas. Here is an image of a reconstructed skeleton of the new genus at the Perot Museum in Dallas, Texas in addition to a link to the paper describing it.

Paper (open access!): https://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0207935

Halichoeres

Thanks for posting! Next time I'm in Dallas I'll have to check it out.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Jose S.M.

Very interesting find, I wonder if they moved in big herds, since there's the possibility that it was a nesting site, but they didn't found eggshells so maybe it wasn't.

Patrx

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.