You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Favourite Tyrannosaurids besides T. rex

Started by DinoPat90, December 24, 2018, 09:39:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shonisaurus

Mine is the alioramus. I also like the alectrosaurus, zhuchengtyrannus, daspletosaurus, gorgosaurus and obviously the tarbosaurus.

Loon

Yutyrannus is my favorite tyrannosaur hands down

E.D.G.E. (PainterRex)

Dynamoterror dynastes.....hate in 3...2...1...  >:D
Hello! We are the Expeditioner's Discovery Guild Enterprise (E.D.G.E.). Subscribe to us on YouTube to get interesting content about Earth's past, present, and future!

✅Email: [email protected]

✅Facebook: facebook.com/ExpeditionDG/

✅Discord: https://discord.gg/RDW4mAk

✅Twitter: twitter.com/EDGEinthewild

✅Instagram: @edgeonthetrail

Ravonium

Qianzhousaurus, because it's the one that looks the least like a small version of the type species ;)

Lizerd

That's a tough one, i always found tarbosaurus to be funny, kinda like a Knock off T. rex.
However aside from t.rex I might go with yutyrannus or Albertosaurus.
If you wonder where I'm active now, you can find me here- http://www.lustria-online.com/members/lizerd.17772/
It's been a good run here

suspsy

All tyrannosaurids are awesome, but I probably like the Terrible Trio (Albertosaurus, Gorgosaurus, and Daspletosaurus) and Tarbosaurus best since they were the only ones other than T. rex that I knew about growing up. I'm really excited about Creative Beast's future tyrannosaur project, as it will give many of them a rare opportunity to appear in plastic form.

And sorry to nitpick, but Yutyrannus is a tyrannosauroid, not a tyrannosaurid. But I love it as well.  :)
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

UtahraptorFan

Hmmm. I hadn't thought about it. Whenever a new albertosaurine gets named, I wouldn't be surprised if that became it because I really want to see that happen, but meanwhile, probably Lythronax.
Guide to whether I use suffixes in clade references:
-If it has the unaltered name of a member genus, even a nomen dubium, include it. Examples: Tyrannosaurid, Titanosaurian
-If it has the name of a genus + sauria, leave it off. Examples: Ornithomimosaur, Oviraptorosaur.
-If it's not named for a genus, leave it off. Examples: Genasaur, Gravisaur.
-Exceptions to the 3rd: Maniraptoran, Saur-/Ornithischian

Jose S.M.

I like Alioramus and Qianzhousaurus because of their distinctive look. But I also like Albertosaurus.

John

I would say Gorgosaurus libratus,Tarbosaurus bataar and Tyrannosaurus rex (which I can't just exclude,as it would not be very truthful of me to pretend I don't appreciate the king of dinosaurs) are my favorite tyrannosaurids. :)
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

Halichoeres

Alioramus, but I would actually remove the qualifier "besides T. rex"
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.