You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

When Whales Walked–New Doc From PBS

Started by Patrx, June 13, 2019, 07:35:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Patrx

When Whales Walked is a four-part series exploring the evolutionary histories of modern crocs, birds, whales, and elephants which will be airing (and made available to for streaming) on the 19th of June. I didn't work on this one personally, but I have had a chance to check it out ahead of time and it's quite good overall. I definitely have a few nitpicks about a few of the life reconstructions (particularly the Deinonychus), but it's worth checking out regardless  :)

If you can tolerate Facebook's atrocious video player, there's a short video promo available here.

Halichoeres

Ooh, that looks intriguing! Thanks for making us aware of it.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews)

I really enjoyed this documentary, but I was kinda disappointed that they didn't go more in depth into the actual evolution of whales, considering that was the title of the program.

Patrx

Indeed! I like the alliteration, but since the story was split up into three roughly equal parts, it's a little misleading to name the whole thing after one quarter of it.

suspsy

It was a great doc overall, but one could easily devote two hours to bird, whale, or elephant evolution entirely on their own.

I'd leap for joy if CollectA, Eofauna, or Safari released a toy of Stegotetrabelodon. It's such a fantastic-looking animal, more so than any mammoth.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.