News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

New Giganotosaurus??? (Geene Models)

Started by Syndicate Bias, April 11, 2019, 07:09:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syndicate Bias

Saw this on FB on their page.

Price is 250 dollars shipping not included
Only way I've been able to see a purchase is through their Facebook https://m.facebook.com/geenemodels/

Don't know the scale they didn't tell me when I asked

mgaguilar

S @Syndicate Bias I have heard Geene Models is a scam artist. He takes payments but does not follow through for many orders. There are countless assertions over DeviantArt and other places where individuals have been waiting for years to get models. Amazing work, but very much so unreliable. Has anyone had a personal experience with him? I will take down my statement if several can vouch to his reliability.

Syndicate Bias

Quote from: mgaguilar on April 12, 2019, 06:25:35 AM
S @Syndicate Bias I have heard Geene Models is a scam artist. He takes payments but does not follow through for many orders. There are countless assertions over DeviantArt and other places where individuals have been waiting for years to get models. Amazing work, but very much so unreliable. Has anyone had a personal experience with him? I will take down my statement if several can vouch to his reliability.

That's what I heard as well. What gets to me is that the model doesn't look like a kit more like made of different materials. Like the animatronic dinos type of thing otherwise nice paint job but anyways I couldn't place my finger if it was Geene Models or Galileo Hernandez? I'm not sure but I am aware it's one of the two

RobinGoodfellow

GeeneModels is owned by Galileo Hernandez.
Between collectors, Galileo Hernandez is known to be a really good artist but also known to be difficult to deal with.
Probably it could be better not to order directly from him (or GeeneModels, it's the same..).
I wouldn't call him a scam artist but an unreliable guy..
All Galileo' models in my collection had been ordered by a reseller (Dan's Dinosaurs, Urzeitshop, Shapeways etc etc for safety reasons  ;) )
Regards
:)

Huskies

I bought some stuff from him directly when he was just started selling kits. Speaking from my experience, he is a very talented artist but the quality of the kit that I got decreased over time. The last kits that I bought was suchomimus and carnotaurus. The suchomimus one the tail wasn't aligned properly with the body while the carnotaurus one has some pin holes on it. Overall, I always get the kits that I ordered but I heard a lot of people were scammed by him. I would see if Dan's Dinosaurs has the kit since they sell kits from him.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.