News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

question for anyone who has the Papo woolly rhino

Started by terrorchicken, May 23, 2019, 05:26:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

terrorchicken

Hi... Question for anyone who has this old woolly rhino figure, has it gotten sticky? I have the Papo paraceratherium and its sticky. I want to buy either it or the Safari ltd rhino but I wont get the Papo one if its gonna turn sticky eventually, I hate sticky feeling figures.  :P

Ravonium

Errm...Papo hasn't made a Paraceratherium figure (at least to my knowledge)  ;)  It's possible you either meant 'the CollectA Paraceratherium' (which forum members have reported in the past to go sticky after a while), or another Papo figure.

Regardless, to answer the question about the woolly rhino, as someone who's had it for ~2.5 years, it hasn't gotten sticky, although this might be to do with me storing it far from any significant sunlight.

Shonisaurus

I understand that what happened to my paraceratherium and Agustinia de Collecta as well as Papo's spinosaurus (old version) that became sticky are isolated cases. I have not had any problems with any other figure apart from these three prehistoric animals. I think it was a factory error.

I think you can not foresee that a figure is sticky or not. Just in case I recommend that you clean all the figures with a cloth and damp water, and usually clean it at least once a week from dust to avoid problems. On the other hand put your figures in a dry place and not sunny.

terrorchicken

oh sorry, yes the paraceratherium was from Colleta,  so I guess what I should ask is if any old Papo figures have ever gotten sticky?  I dont have too many older Papo figures, just the carnotaurus and some extant mammals.  Cant recall them getting sticky, but I would have to check as I have most of them stored away.

SidB

Mine's dry to the touch, but then, I don't live in a hot climate.

terrorchicken

^ hah, I definitely do(south Fla) so Im always worried about buying from companies with figures or other toys prone to plastic leak. I do have quite a lot of Collecta's more recent figures, mostly extant mammals, and just got the estemmenosuchus, which I was not expecting to be such a massive hunk of plastic! Would hate for it to turn into a sticky glue ball in a few years. Hopefully Collecta's fixed their plastic formula and these newer figures will fare better.

Syndicate Bias

Quote from: terrorchicken on May 23, 2019, 05:26:40 PM
Hi... Question for anyone who has this old woolly rhino figure, has it gotten sticky? I have the Papo paraceratherium and its sticky. I want to buy either it or the Safari ltd rhino but I wont get the Papo one if its gonna turn sticky eventually, I hate sticky feeling figures.  :P

spray with Matte Varnish.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.