You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Meet Phuwiangvenator and Vayuraptor!

Started by suspsy, May 28, 2019, 09:14:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

UtahraptorFan

Mods can delete my thread about this as suspsy beat me to it.

Megaraptora being such an enigmatic clade in terms of classification, more members can only help. I had considered the idea that they may be coelurosaurs but Siats still a neovenatorid, as originally classified.
Guide to whether I use suffixes in clade references:
-If it has the unaltered name of a member genus, even a nomen dubium, include it. Examples: Tyrannosaurid, Titanosaurian
-If it has the name of a genus + sauria, leave it off. Examples: Ornithomimosaur, Oviraptorosaur.
-If it's not named for a genus, leave it off. Examples: Genasaur, Gravisaur.
-Exceptions to the 3rd: Maniraptoran, Saur-/Ornithischian

suspsy

The debate is still ongoing as to whether megaraptorans are closer to tyrannosauroids or allosauroids. But I'm sure the primary reason for mentioning T. rex in the headline is to get more hits. Never fails!
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.