You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

A redescription of Talenkauen santacrucensis

Started by Logo7, July 19, 2019, 02:47:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Logo7

A new study has redescribed the remains of Talenkauen santacrucensis, the most complete South American ornithopod yet discovered from the Mata Amarilla Formation of Santa Cruz Province, Argentina. The new study found that certain features of the neck vertebrae of this genus, which are similar to those of other elasmarian ornithopods, suggest that this group had proportionally longer necks than those of other ornithopods. The study also suggests that other features found in this genus and other elasmarians, such as an ornamented labial surface of the mandibular teeth and a sigmoidal greater trochanter of femur, are synapomorphies of the clade Elasmaria. The study recovers most Cretaceous Gondwanan ornithopods in the clade Elasmaria, meaning that the clade had a wider geographical and temporal distribution than first thought. Here is a link to the paper describing this study.

Paper (abstract only): https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/14772019.2019.1582562?journalCode=tjsp20

Halichoeres

Nice to get new data on this taxon. Thanks for posting!
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.