You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

"Antarctic Dinosaurs" at the Los Angeles Natural History Museum

Started by Loon, December 03, 2019, 04:02:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Loon

Yesterday, for my birthday, my family and I went out to LA to check out the "Antarctic Dinosaurs" exhibit before it goes away on Jan. 3.

I didn't get a ton of images; but, hopefully the ones I have are satisfactory.

The beginning of the exhibit is about the processes, history, and tools of the various Antarctic expeditions. I, unfortunately, didn't take any pictures of this part.

Antarctosuchus:

Cryolophosaurus:

Sauropodomorphs:

Taniwhasaurus:

And, finally, it wouldn't be the LANHM if they didn't mention that birds are dinosaurs.

(Not pictured, but indeed present: the other LANHM staple, warnings about climate change).

Also, speaking of tragedy... The museum gift shop no longer sells Safari figures; now, the only Dinosaur figures are Jurassic World toys.

stargatedalek

I love that Antarctosuchus! It looks so soft like a real amphibian.

Even that wall of JW figures is better than our museum shop here in Halifax, they only sell bootleg Papo's now...

Loon

Quote from: stargatedalek on December 03, 2019, 03:51:39 PM
I love that Antarctosuchus! It looks so soft like a real amphibian.

Even that wall of JW figures is better than our museum shop here in Halifax, they only sell bootleg Papo's now...

They used to sell KO Papos in addition to the legit Safari figures; I remember a distinctly "gummy"-looking Allosaurus.

Halichoeres

I went to this exhibit when it was in Chicago (http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=7026.0). It's a great exhibit, and at the Field they had the good sense to sell CollectA's Daxiatitan and Mosasaurus, but unfortunately also the CollectA Cryolophosaurus (too bad the Battat wasn't available).
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Loon

Quote from: Halichoeres on December 07, 2019, 11:58:25 PM
I went to this exhibit when it was in Chicago (http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=7026.0). It's a great exhibit, and at the Field they had the good sense to sell CollectA's Daxiatitan and Mosasaurus, but unfortunately also the CollectA Cryolophosaurus (too bad the Battat wasn't available).

I would have preferred a new figure for the Cryolophosaurus; a toy based on that model would be a dream.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Loon on December 08, 2019, 12:25:18 AM
Quote from: Halichoeres on December 07, 2019, 11:58:25 PM

I would have preferred a new figure for the Cryolophosaurus; a toy based on that model would be a dream.

Agreed.  I think the best we have for Cryo is the Carnegie and Papo?

Loon

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on December 08, 2019, 01:29:32 AM
Quote from: Loon on December 08, 2019, 12:25:18 AM

Agreed.  I think the best we have for Cryo is the Carnegie and Papo?

Yeah, that's a shame. Neither of those figures are that amazing (I actually quite dislike the Papo). I can really only see Safari being capable of making one I'd like.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.