You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Sorry guys, but can anyone please help me find this vintage dino book, please?

Started by ribeiroorafael, August 19, 2024, 05:47:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ribeiroorafael

I took this bad screenshot from a tv series called stranger things s03e01, its a vintage (80s) dino book, this dino could be diplodocus, brachiosaurus or brontosaurus, I've already checked Dinotopia, The how and why wonder book of dinosaurs and found nothing similar.

https://imgur.com/a/XMH5iFM

DinoToyForum

It's difficult to say from such a low res image - I can't even satisfy myself it's a book, more like loose pages. It could possibly just be a prop made for the show?

Justin_

It definitely has the look of a How And Why Wonder Book, however it isn't Dinosaurs or Extinct Animals. I think the animal is a plesiosaur rather than a sauropod dinosaur, so maybe it is a more general Ocean life one?

crazy8wizard

If that is indeed a plesiosaur, there's a chance this might also be from a book about mythical creatures and cryptids, with the creature seen on the page being the Loch Ness Monster or some other local sea monster variant.

ribeiroorafael

Quote from: DinoToyForum on August 19, 2024, 07:25:06 PMIt's difficult to say from such a low res image - I can't even satisfy myself it's a book, more like loose pages. It could possibly just be a prop made for the show?

Thank you for your return, I don't think it is a prop, the pages side of this animal is from a book called The Duel of the Masters, and the designers of the series haven't posted this on their portfolio, just all the other props

DinoToyForum

Quote from: crazy8wizard on August 19, 2024, 08:47:43 PMIf that is indeed a plesiosaur, there's a chance this might also be from a book about mythical creatures and cryptids, with the creature seen on the page being the Loch Ness Monster or some other local sea monster variant.

That seems likely given the nature of the show.

I wonder if any context is given in the scene where it features?

ribeiroorafael

This season is based in 1985, I truly think its a dinosaur, since the Dustin (this bedroom belongs to this character) is a big fan of dinosaurs and has a lot of toys in his room

Libraraptor

ribeiroorafael

If anyone still have reddit, could please post in r/tipofmytongue? When I was active there, the community is so good to solve these type of questions

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.