News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Yutyrannus's dioramas (contest pictures)

Started by Yutyrannus, September 22, 2012, 10:15:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yutyrannus

Now that the contest is over I would like to reveal my entry. I think my downfall in the contest was that I only tried ONE diorama and only took ONE picture. Here was my entry: Cretaceous Parents. I sculpted that nest myself, specifically for this diorama (which was finally encouaged me to sign up on the forum), and I still like the idea of this diorama, but it didn't turn out as well as it could've.

http://www.dinotoyblog.com/dioramas2012/large/diorama1.jpg

"The world's still the same. There's just less in it."

Gwangi

You did a nice job on that nest. I think what you need to focus on in the future is avoiding things like man-made structures or objects that ruin the illusion that these are animals and not toys. When I started out with this just a year or so ago I was mostly just having fun with it and didn't generally pay attention to things like grass, large leaves and rocks or things like that. I have a lot of good pictures but in the end they just look like toys sitting outside. The best dioramas create the illusion that you're seeing something real. Grass taller then a toy sauropod or a building in the background ruin that.

DinoToyForum

Yeah, I love the idea, the nest works very well, but the fence in the background sticks out. That's something you can easily fix in future dioramas though :)

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.