News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Shapeways

Started by Bread, November 23, 2020, 10:40:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bread

I was pondering on where I should put this thread. Originally, I was not sure if this should be considered under toy lines or kits. Then, I just decided to post this thread under the dinosaur toys general category. I am sorry if this is in the wrong category, my apologies.

This is a few questions or statements regarding shapeways. I am curious what other forum members feel about this 3D printing company. I, myself, may purchase a few of the models they have listed on their site, and also paint and provide bases for them. In addition, I was wondering if there are any warnings or precautions I should make. I have noticed they are a bit pricey, so I am kind of second guessing the thought of purchasing some of these models. A really important question regarding their shipping is if it is common for broken items? I am worried about the plastic breaking in transit.

Anyways... thought that if any responses are made could be really informative to not only myself, but others as well. Thank you!

indohyus

Here is a review of the one I did get, along with a really good Koolasuchus I can recommend.

http://dinotoyblog.com/2018/06/19/sivatherium-prehistoric-creatures-by-shapeways/

ceratopsian

I have bought only three Shapeways models. They were shipped together and arrived intact. They were all from Wild Past's shop and can be seen in recent entries in my collections thread.

postsaurischian

Bread

Thanks everyone! I was unaware there was already a thread for this topic. My bad, but again, thanks for the info provided in this thread.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.